You Are My Dream

Kira's POV

After we returned Dream back to Mrs. Walters, Ren and I wandered aimlessly together. I had let Hannah know I would be late after all despite my promises but she seemed to understand... I wanted to give myself this moment to be with Ren.

We didn't immediately start a conversation between each other, and instead, we just silently walked by each other's sides. We turned to each other momentarily after we ended up at our old high school.

"I suppose... we can take a look now that we're here?" I looked over at Ren who was wiping a tiny little snowflake away from the tip of his nose. I smiled briefly before he caught the side of my expression. I moved forward and he followed after me shortly.

Although I couldn't remember the time I spent with Ren, my first to third year was spent here...

After taking a walk around the property we ended up at one of the sides where the football field was. While I was thinking about the times I spent out here during my lunch break I watched as Ren passed me by. It looked like he was heading towards the bleachers so I followed after him. A few minutes later we were sitting across from one another watching the fresh blanket of snow glistening on the field ahead

"It hasn't changed..." Ren whispered and I nodded.

"They could have at least refurbished the football stands... it feels like we're going to fall through..." I saw Ren crack a smile before looking towards me. Underneath the warmth of the sunlight... he appeared almost angelic. I couldn't help but stare back into his deep expression as incredible as the sun above.

"Right about now I should be saying that you shouldn't worry about falling through because I'll catch you?" I chuckled a little.

"Sorry to break it to you but I'm sure we'd be sinking together in this ship..."

"I don't know... my reflexes are pretty good."

"Then we can break each other's fall I suppose..." I looked over at Ren's gentle smile before turning to the field again.

We sat beside one another for quite some time before the sun started setting.

"Let's head home..." Ren suddenly announced while standing. "It's getting colder..."

I looked up at him a little taken aback but I composed myself... for a single moment I had wished this moment would last a little longer. Instead I smiled bittersweetly and stood.

"You're right..." I said, but while I moved to walk forward I did end up losing my footing. Ren launched himself forward easily since we were only about a metre apart from each other. During that time my bag, that I was carrying, also flew forward onto the ground. While I had lost my balance I anxiously tried to regain my footing again.

But Ren was there to hold me up. While hearing the creaking of the bleachers I sighed to myself.

"Are you alright?" he asked a bit exasperated and I nodded while tightly gripping onto the sides of Ren's jacket. We both stared at one another for a moment longer before we stepped down together. He reached forward to help gather my personal items that flew out of my bag.

"Thank you..." I started speaking while reaching forward to finish gathering up my belongings. When I saw that Ren picked something small up I curiously peered over after putting everything back in place.

"This..." Ren said while slowly looking up at me. I was a little confused until I saw the small house keychain that I had kept in my memorabilia box for years now.

"Oh! I found this in one of my keepsake boxes. I'm sure I won in a gumball-like dispenser when I was younger..." while I spoke I looked up at Ren's inquisitive expression. He looked like he was observing a microorganism underneath a microscope. I could see his expression transform ever so slightly when he realized what he was holding.