Undeniably Mesmerized By You

Kira's POV

Since I had already visited Ren's office I knew where I was going. 

When I arrived and greeted Annie a second time I was able to navigate my way upstairs to meet him.

Along the way I met Luke who was getting onto the elevator to go upstairs as well.

"Well, what brings you by Dr. Young?" I looked at him sideways and I realized that his parents probably told him I'm a Professor at the University.

"You can call me Kira... Luke, if I remember?" he nodded while bashfully brushing a folder against his chest.

"Yes..." there was a slight pause between us before the elevator door bell dinged and he got off on his floor. He looked at me a little before waving and turning to greet a few employees in the distance...

Although he gave off the impression he was a little strange... he still seemed like a really nice person...

After I greeted Vanessa, who I recognized immediately as Ren's administrative assistant, I walked over to his office.

When I opened the door a familiar feeling washed over my senses... I didn't exactly have a great first impression of Ren the second time we met. It was a little intense here for a moment...

I walked over to the large floor to ceiling window that covered half of his office space and stared out at the quiet forest in front of me... the kind of serenity I felt when I overlooked the beautiful trees covered with rays of sunshine and speckles of snow looked absolutely stunning...

"Sorry I'm late..." I turned and saw that Ren had walked into the office with a few heavy folders in his hands. He was balancing them while nudging the door shut with his hip. I rushed over to take half of his stack of folders away and while I helped out due to my reflexes, I looked up into his gentle expression. After my hands briefly grazed the side of his, I brought them over to his desk.

"You seem to have a lot of projects going on...." I watched him nod his head thoughtfully.

"I had to visit a few sites earlier today for inspections. One of the marketing firms I developed had some excess debris in parts of the formwork which was easily remedied." I nodded and he added: "sorry... that probably sounds a little boring, right?" I shook my head.

"No, I find it interesting... Hannah and I usually watch renovation shows on television... I mean..." I laughed a little nervously, but when I looked up there was a warm smile across his face. This was one of the first times it felt like the smile itself was as delicate as the snow that had fallen outside...

"I see..."

"So... what else did you do today?" I asked and he paused for a moment.

"We're a part of a shopping mall extension and a new residential area plan... they're all going along smoothly. I just had to make sure additional services were aligning with our timeframe... like insulation and electrical services..." I nodded again while he took out a portfolio from a drawer adjacent to his desk...

"But this is what you're here for today..." he said while waving the portfolio towards me and I nodded. I had decided to meet him on one of my days off which was about a week after we had spoken in my office... I realized he had a lot going on so for him to have this ready for me on top of having all of this on his plate simultaneously made me feel a little happy but also a little worried...

Had he been sleeping well? When I looked at him a little closer there seemed to be small, but visible dark circles under his eyes.

"Kira?" he asked and I shook my head. I didn't mean to stare... it was just...