Unforgettable Eyes

Kira's POV

When I realized I had been touching his plant without permission I stepped back and I looked over at him apologetically. I was suddenly a little embarrassed I had brought a little sunflower plant here too when he already had one.

I thought for a moment that time had frozen for this gentleman because he was stuck in place, staring directly at me for some time. I wondered if there was something on my face.

Before I spoke he made strides towards me. He was quick so I was a little startled. I moved back into his desk, nearly falling backwards, but he reached out to touch the small of my back. I nearly dropped my plant, but he used his free hand to support it. When our fingers touched, it felt like little lightning bolts were firing off in my heart... I didn't know why my heart was starting to race now... but it was a little mesmerizing.

I didn't know how long our gazes were locked into each other's, but for some reason, his piercing raven-coloured eyes felt familiar to me... I saw his full lips move ever so slightly and I gently pushed him away. 

I became hyper aware of his presence while I stepped forward. I wondered why he hadn't looked away from me. I was holding onto the sunflower plant and that seemed to draw me back to the moment.

"I'm here to thank you for sending me to the hospital..." I then lifted up the plant and he stared at me.

"That's all you have to say to me after all this time?" I couldn't quite understand where his intensity was coming from...

"It's only been a few days?" I said and he leaned towards me. I was stunned so I moved to the side instinctively. I was wondering why he was making advances to be in my personal space a little more... I watched his lip curl a little. Which was a little unsettling.

"Kira... it's enough already. You don't have to act like you don't know who I am..."

I was genuinely confused.

"What... are you talking about?" he walked a little closer to me but I raised my hands. For some reason he seemed hurt by my actions but I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Kira..." he repeated... his voice echoed into the back of my head... it felt oddly comforting and I didn't understand why.

"I'm sorry but have we met before?" that comment seemed to stop him in his tracks. He seemed to be contemplating what to say next... there was a wave of frustration that glazed over his expression.

"It's me. It's Ren..."

"You're Mr. Sommers, correct?" I repeated. "The founder of this studio, right? Luke told me on our way to your office... sorry, but I only just met you and for you to act this familiar with me..."

"You really want to forget me that badly?" he approached again and I stepped back. He reached out to touch my arms but I flinched so he stopped.

"It's impossible..." he said. "You're the same person..."

"Maybe you have me confused with someone else?" he glared at me... but that glare soon dissipated and his expression became darker, even moodier. He held his hand to his forehead.

"After all this time... you really..." while he spoke I heard a knock on the door. A few moments later a young woman came in and told him about his next meeting. I stood there shocked by what had been transpiring between us. When he dismissed her he looked up at me coldly.

"I really... don't know who you are..." each word seemed to cut deeply into his heart. For that reason alone I felt terrible... even though I was unsure of this situation he didn't seem like a liar...

I set the sunflower on his desk and then stepped out towards the side. He looked up and watched me head towards the door.

"I... am really grateful... I just wanted to thank you for sending me to the hospital. I'm sorry... today was a mistake. I shouldn't have come..."

And without turning back I opened and closed the door. I held my hand to my pounding chest and then rushed over to the elevator. I must have frightened the assistant. I pressed the button multiple times before getting on. I saw him looking at the sunflower I brought him and for some reason my heart sank...

After I arrived at my car I paused... I turned to look at the building again and I felt a deep sense of sadness inside of me... I thought I would be angrier since he obviously mistook me for someone else... but I just didn't have the heart to get upset...

After driving away from his office I thought a little more seriously about what he said... but I really didn't know him.

Maybe he met me at some point but... the way he was talking it sounded like we were both mutually acquainted... although his eyes were familiar I couldn't quite put my finger on it...

After I got back to our apartment Hannah called out to me. She said she was waiting to have lunch with me. I changed into more comfortable clothing, turned the heat up a little and then sat across from her and ate a bit of the chili she made. I didn't want to bother Hannah with this incident so I ate quietly.

"Kira... Kira?" Hannah was waving her hand in front of me. I looked up and noticed her eyebrows were furrowed together. "Are you alright?"

"Sorry, yes... did you say something?"

"I have one last Doctor's appointment before preparing for the delivery... are you sure you will be able to make it?" I nodded and then reached over to squeeze her hand.

"You know I'll be there for you..."

Hannah smiled gently and then changed the topic.

"I made some iced green tea for you. After our walk today I thought it would be refreshing..."

"Thanks Hann..." I smiled shortly after she winked at me playfully.

Later that afternoon I took Hannah out for a walk. We stopped into a small, local shop for baby goods and we bought a few things for her soon to be newborn.

We already had a crib on the way that Morgan was going to help me assemble, so now we needed to pick up some more 'baby supplies,' for the room.

"Wow... this is amazing..." Hannah picked up a display breast pump and placed it on her chest. The sudden image made me burst out into laughter. "What? It's natural."

"I know, but so suddenly..."

"Do you think this would be comfortable?" while she inspected it a little I looked around. Although we had gotten a car seat ready there were other little trinkets I thought were cute. I spotted a thin blanket with images of moons, stars and bright comets...

"That's pretty too..." Hannah had already come up from behind me and started admiring the blanket. "This place is very dangerous..." I laughed while holding the blanket tightly.

"Let's buy this too..."

After we left with 2 large bags full, we headed to the nearest cafe to sit and have some drinks. We bickered a little about what to have for dinner and decided on just ordering Thai food. When we re-entered our apartment Hannah called to order our food while I took the bags to my room...

After placing them in a safe place, I couldn't help but glance over at the sunflowers sitting on my desk. I walked over and gently stroked the petals...

"Why were you so upset?"

"Did you say something?" I turned to look over my shoulder and I saw Hannah standing there. "Do you want peanuts on your Pad Thai? I always forget." I nodded and she left the room again.

I then leaned forward to stare at the sunflowers again... and suddenly all I could think about was that man's expressions...