Her Dream House

Kira's POV

Morgan, Aster and Erik were there for our moving day. 

I was surprised another week had passed by so quickly... going back and forth was quite exhausting but when we were all settled in our new home it felt amazing... when I thought of this house being mine and Hannah's I realized that I would soon welcome a niece into this house too...

When her ankles swelled I rubbed them. When her back ached I massaged any sore spots. When she craved pickles and cookies I would run out to get them if we were out. When she cried because she was nervous I was there to braid her hair and hug her. I reassured her we would get through this together.

By now, Hannah was 7 and a half months pregnant... so we were extra cautious about her health. I made sure she was attending appointments, eating well, and resting as much as possible.

During the move I made sure the only thing she did was go into my car and then exit and sit on the couch I prepared in advance for her to watch some television.

"You don't have to treat me like a glass doll, Kira..." I was walking past her with a box of memorabilia in my hands. I had stowed this away under my bed for ages. I didn't think I still had any of this stuff. A lot was thrown out during my senior year in high school...

"You need to be careful..." Hannah grabbed a carrot slice from her veggie bowl and started munching on it.

"I feel like I've done nothing..." I chuckled.

"You're bringing a new life into this world... how could that be 'nothing,'?" that seemed to pacify her. She cleared her throat.

"Alright, alright... I'm ordering Chinese food..." Morgan said while stepping out from the kitchen. Erik passed by her with a box in his hands.

"Order double the dumplings this time. Aster practically inhales them."

"Hey!! I heard that!!"

Everyone went silent.

"Isn't she upstairs?" Erik said while shivering a little.

"I'll order triple the amount. Anything you're craving tonight, Hannah?" Morgan stepped forward with her cell phone in hand.

"Hmm, maybe a tofu stir fry with extra garlic..." Hannah smiled as she spoke. I took that chance to escape up to my new room.

When I got there I sighed. The only thing there that didn't look like chaotic was my bed... I placed the box on the mattress and sat next to it. I looked over at it for a moment before reaching over to it. I started opening up the box but Morgan was calling me from downstairs so I tucked the box underneath my bed again.

"I'll be there in a second!" I shouted out while closing my door behind me...

We were all eating around a makeshift dinner table in the living room.

"You sure you don't want any more help tonight?" Morgan asked while wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"Yes, we can stay," Aster added after taking a sip of her drink.

"Seriously... you three spent an entire day helping us move. Please go home and rest..."

"After dessert..." Erik said while smiling and I laughed while digging into my rice.

"The movers did most of the work. We just unloaded some boxes and move things around..." Morgan added.

"Thank you for all your hard work until now..." Hannah said. "That's what my sister is trying to communicate..." Hannah playfully winked at me and I scoffed.