A Hidden Truth Revealed

Kira's POV

"Are you sure you don't want to take the day off?"

I knew Hannah was worried about me but I couldn't take a day off this last minute. Most of my students were looking forward to my review session for their finals so I didn't want to disappoint them. Even if I was feeling a little... even if I wasn't feeling the greatest about what happened last night.

"I only have 2 classes today since I usually do paperwork. I also have some reading to do and I have an essay I'm writing for a Journal. The deadline is coming up."

"But..."

I couldn't help but also feel like there was something Hannah was worried about. It was like she was hiding something from me... although I didn't want to press her for answers, there was definitely something on her mind.

"Hann... do you..." I sighed to myself and then leaned in to embrace her in a hug. She squeezed me tightly before I reassured her I would be fine.

I left shortly after putting my jacket on. Along the way to the campus I thought a little back to what happened the other night... although my memory was still a little foggy it felt like there was something peculiar about remembering details about my accident that vividly...

Thinking back to it made me want to forget it ever happened but for some reason... there was an unforgettable sensation in my heart that I would remember something again and even I wasn't prepared for it...

When I walked over to my office I took one of my USB's and walked over to the lecture hall. During my lecture I found it difficult to concentrate on the review session so I asked my students to pause and read my power point so I could momentarily collect myself again...

Last night it had been easy to fall asleep since I was exhausted but now... even I couldn't deny the repercussions of the lingering anxiety from the time I was fighting for my life in the hospital. If it wasn't for Hannah I wouldn't have been able to remotely move on from the trauma...

"Dr. Young... Dr. Young..." I looked up and saw that some of my students were trying to get my attention...

How could I tell Hannah that I needed to be here for my students when I wasn't being present with them... I sighed to myself and looked out at them apologetically.

"Sorry, folks... let's continue..."

A moment later I re-directed all of my energy to the lesson and soon after I walked over to the next lecture hall to give another review session. When we were finished I was surprised that Ty had been waiting to speak to me.

"Ty... did you have any questions about the review session?"

"Professor... is everything alright?"

"Yes... how is your studying going?" I finished picking up my folders and Ty slowly followed after me while I spoke.

"It's good. I secured a summer internship thanks to my uncle..."

"That's amazing... congratulations Ty," I said while smiling towards him.

"Yes... the company is an hour away from here but I think it'll be worth it."

"Experience in your field will be important. It'll definitely be a great opportunity."

"Yes, I agree..." for some reason every time Ty spoke with me after the ASE banquet event it always felt a little awkward. I knew he meant well, but a part of me didn't know how to keep a conversation going with him if it wasn't about my lectures... it felt like he was trying to keep me around for just a little longer and it made me feel uncomfortable.