Expressing Gratitude

Kira's POV

Another week passed by...

When I found out the Walters were satisfied with our first offer, I was pleasantly surprised...

Hannah and I would be able to move into our new home in just 2 weeks. It felt a little surreal being a homeowner now... but I had worked diligently over the past few years and with a substantial loan that I could pay back steadily, this was all I could have asked for.

Hannah and I already contacted a moving company, but we still needed to pack up most of my belongings. We would also need to furnish the new house completely since the baby was on the way. Since it was all falling into place now it felt a little overwhelming at first.

Luckily Erik and Morgan helped me box my belongings on their days off. They even invited some of their mutual friends to help out so everything fell in line... Hannah looked over some bedroom sets and baby cribs while we made sure everything was tightly secured. She insisted on helping but I reassured her that we would be fine.

When everything was mostly packed my apartment looked like a cardboard box mountain... I was hitting peak exhaustion since we packed every single day this week.

After an evening of having dinner, taking a hot shower and relaxing in my room I took a glance at my collection of sunflowers on my desk...

A few more days passed and I asked The Walters if I could bring over some of our belongings. They readily agreed since they were moving out in a few days as well and the only thing that needed to be taken out was their bedding and kitchen supplies.

Before I left, I thought about asking them about the man that helped me. Although I knew it would look a little odd I still wondered...

"Mrs. Walters... Deanna told me that you knew the man that helped me to the hospital?" I was halfway out the door when I asked her. She smiled back and me and nodded.

"Yes, he works with my son..."

What a great coincidence then...

"I want to personally thank him for sending me flowers... would it be too much trouble to ask for his work address?"

"Oh, not at all dear. Let me grab a pen and piece of paper..." she wrapped her shall around her shoulders and then walked back into the house. Shortly after she handed a little note to me...

I looked at the name of the business and assumed he was an architect. 

"Thank you again..." I waved at her briefly before leaving...

When I got into my car I stared at the piece of paper again and sighed...

Would it be too intrusive to go to his workplace? Would he think I'm a little odd for showing up since he already expressed himself through the bouquet? I mulled over it a few more times before I got back to my apartment.

***

That night, after making smoothie's together, Hannah and I were watching a crime drama... she was engrossed in the case while I contemplated my next move for the man that helped me to the hospital.

Feeling like I was getting nowhere I nudged Hannah. While her eyes were fixated on the screen she nodded.

"Mm?"

"I have a hypothetical question... if... and I mean if someone helps you out of a rough situation and you didn't have the chance to thank them in person would you still go out of your way to show them your appreciation?"