A Distant, Beautiful Dream

"Oh! Your track pants..." Kira announced suddenly when they arrived at her Department.

She said this aloud in an elevator with a few people and immediately regretted it. She turned her head away and Ren stifled a chuckle...

When they got to her floor she emerged alongside him. The entire elevator had cleared out by this point.

"It's alright..." she turned to him while he smirked a little. "You can keep the track pants...is your office this way?" while Ren started walking in the opposite direction Kira sighed to herself.

"This way..." he then pivoted and followed after her.

When they got inside he took out a handful of sketches and placed them on her desk. While he sprawled them out on the table she looked at them curiously.

"I'm working on a new project. It will be a K to 12 school. It'll be launching by fall next year. You could consider it one of the first state of the art 'educational institutions' that students will have an opportunity to access..."

"I see..." Kira leaned in to look at the drawings. Some were more clearer than others... she sifted through some of his drawings and found some one's that had a more 3-Dimension look.

"I have an... unusual request..." Kira looked at Ren.

"Alright... what on your mind?"

"I'd like an educator's perspective... on what you would consider the best learning experience. I know each student's needs are different, but structurally; the inside of classrooms, room sizes, and any specifics on resource locations like libraries or learning centres... I'd like you to look at my work to give me feedback..." Kira stared at him a little confused. Even if she wanted to help... it wasn't necessarily her expertise.

"I'm sure you're collaborating with the board of education?" Ren nodded and Kira continued, "and they probably have set guidelines... right?" Ren nodded again and Kira sighed. "So... apart from the resources you already have how could I be of any help? Wouldn't someone else be better for the job?" Ren smiled again.

"Well, it's true I have their resources but I want a different perspective. Considering you're in an educational environment constantly... you're one of the only Professor's I know but I trust you... will you help me?"

Kira paused for a moment and then crossed her arms unconsciously. She really didn't know what to think of this mysterious man sometimes... sure she could offer some advice or act like a consultant but she didn't know how much help she would be.

"The only 'advice' I could offer on amenities would be accessibility..."

"Yes..." Ren said while taking out his phone. "I had that in mind, too..." she nodded and then continued after he spoke.

"Access into the school and around... like automatic sliding doors or buttons for restrooms... even single stalls. More access to elevators and larger classrooms... I find multi-media platforms for teachers make learning more interactive as well..."

"Yes... this is great..." Ren said while Kira spoke.

"Well... libraries should also include..." Kira said while sitting down and Ren slowly followed suit by sitting across from her. While he took extensive notes, Kira watched over him carefully. Sometime later Ren smiled and said:

"These are great... I'll definitely compensate you for all your ideas--"

"No, it's alright... you just needed confirmation about what you already had right? I'm sure my ideas aren't unique. You could definitely have someone else--"