Returning A Sunflower's Smile

When Ren came back to his office he saw that Delilah was standing in front of the large window looking out at something... when he walked closer she turned around a little agitated.

"Who was she?"

"A friend..." Ren said blankly while walking over to his desk. He took a few of the folders that he had brought in earlier and noticed that the tea that was brought in earlier must have gotten cold...

"One thinks they're an acquaintance while the other thinks they're just a friend... I wonder..." Delilah said while smirking. Ren looked over at where the sunflower pot used to sit and stood up. 

"Don't worry... she said she would fix the sunflower for you..." Ren didn't like that she had caught onto the reason why he was reacting that way and sat down again...

"I hate the way you looked at me earlier..." Delilah's voice became course and she walked over to the front of his desk.

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"You treat me so coldly, Ren. Even after all these years of being by your side and you just..." Ren looked up at her daring her to continue but she stopped. Delilah knew there was a delicate balance between them already. She knew that if she tampered with the already wavering thread between them he would fully push her away.

"Delilah... did you come to the office because you needed something?" she stood there completely baffled... unsure of how the feel about this situation. Just a moment ago he showed more concern about a strange woman but as for her... someone who has been with him for nearly 15 years and he... he wouldn't even bat an eyelash towards.

She knew... she truly knew but she couldn't let go...

"There will be an event. You will have to attend it with me..." Ren looked up at her from the corner of his eyes while he continued to work on a blueprint he just brought out.

"I don't know why I should have to attend."

"She will be attending..."

"Pardon?" Ren looked up at Delilah completely shocked. She was surprised to get that reaction out of him. He immediately stood up.

"What did the two of you talk about?" Ren asked. His demanding expression made Delilah a little anxious. Even if she just meant to tease her a little she didn't think he would react this way...

"I just told her about the project we were working on, that's all..." Delilah watched him glare at her intensely before he sighed and shook his head.

"Ren... was it wrong to invite her?" Ren rubbed the back of his neck before he sat down. He looked at his phone and saw a few messages from clients pop up on his screen.

"I have some work to do..." Ren ignored her while she protested. So instead of continuing to get his attention Delilah decided to leave. She bit her lower lip and clenched her fist... she had invited her to bother her... maybe to get an arise out of her but now she really needed to make sure she came.

Considering it was one way to ensure that Ren would show up. It was frustrating to admit that he would go only because she would be there...

Delilah made her way to Ms. Castillo's reception desk and smacked her hand on the ledge to make a statement of her arrival. Ms. Castillo, who was jotting down a few notes jolted a little from the sudden noise.

"I need some information, Vanessa..."

Ms. Castillo's hairs on the back of her neck lifted... she wasn't fond of Delilah precisely because of her prickly personality.