Chapter 56

Jared's POV .

It's been two days since we've separated and to be honest ; I really miss Maya and maybe the rest of them , Goofy teens .

" Mom , I'll be in my studio if you need me. " - I informed heading towards my studio .

* Sigh *

I guess I'm doing this after all .

I took all my drawn pictures of living things and destroyed them . I turned away from the gruesome sight as I requested my mom to dump them out for me .

" What happened ? " - my mom engulfed me in a hug as I returned it with a gloomy face .

" Can we sit , " - she nodded while we took our seats .

" It's just that my friend Malik , " -

" Which one ? " -

" The one with curly hair and blue eyes and a Muslim convert now , " -

" Oh , I thought it was the one with the slid back hair and fascinating white teeth , "- she raised a brow .

" Oh no , that's Kelvin . The one that jokes a lot , " - I corrected .

" Ah ~yes . Kelvin , "- She smiled presumingly recognising them by their names .

" Ok back to the topic , " - I got off the couch and laid on the ground which to me is more comfortable .
" I was reading through one of the Muslim books , you know , Sunnah --- I hope that's what it's called . And found out that pictures , drawing and sculpturing are all Haram since they are imitating Allah's ( S. W . T ) creation --- and the most frightening part of it all is --- when you die you will be punished continuously until you bring your animate drawing to life which is not possible --- I asked Malik and he also confirmed it but told me it was in my hands and hoped I make the right one . "-

" Hence the reason you destroyed your paintings but have you told Maya ? " -

" No , Malik will inform her . But no worries it is permissable to draw inanimate things so I can still follow my passion . "- I got off the floor and kissed her forehead.

" Thanks for listening , " - I mumbled .

" Anything for you , "- she replied with a smile .

" Your dad says he might need your help in his mechanic shop so find time to help , okay ? "- she stopped me on the stairs .

" But ... " -

" He says he will make sure the scent there isn't too overwhelming , "- she cut me off

" Fine then , I'll just take a shower and go there . " - I know I won't be doing anything tedious work .

" You should , you stink --- phew , "- she held her nose which made me joke offended .

" No I do not , I would have had trouble breathing . " - I replied .

" * Laughs * I got your usual soap and perfume so you can hurry on . " -

I ran up the stairs and took a cold shower --- it's kind of refreshing for me than warm water and I don't even know why .

I wore my clothes and headed to my dad's mechanic shop .

" Glad you're finally here , kiddo . " - He rolled down from under the car and acknowledged me .

" Mom is hiding a stash of chocolate in the kitchen compartment , "- I blurted with a knowing smile .

" Nice , let me just put this in place . "- he rolled back under the car while I helped out by tiding the place .

15 minutes later he was done . We walked out of the shop and headed to meet mom eating a bar of Chocolate .

" * Gasps , and I thought you said you would be chocolate free for a month ." - Dad ever so dramatically gasped .

Mom got startled and laughed .

" Don't scare a woman like that , I almost peed my pants . "- she mumbled the last part still enjoying the chocolate in hand . " There's always next month . " - she took another bite after .

" Don't sit on my couch unless you take a bath , Gregory Han . " - Mom warned making dad rush upstairs to have a bath .

" Good , now we can finish them before he comes back . Your father is a Savage when it comes to these . "- she ate faster .

" What ? Dad ~ "-

I yelled but my mom covered my mouth before uttering the next words .

" Fine * giggles * " -

" Yeah , what is it Jared ? " - Dad entered with fresh clothes .

" We are finishing this without you ~ " - mom sang making dad Sprint to take a handful of chocolate bars in hand .

" No fair , " - mom swiped some from his .
I smiled zoning out when Maya came to mind .
* Sigh * , I know we can go through this together . I remember how my heart swelled the moment she said yes to giving us a chance back then during the camp site .

A pretty girl with a big brain , what more could I ask for .

This next days are going to be long~

" Hey ~ you guys finished it , " - I whined .

A/N

Assalamualaikum ,

After I found out it was Haram , I immediately went to delete my Bitmoji , * sigh * Anything for Allah ( S. W . T ) .

Also ,

Prophet Mohammed ( S .A. W ) said , No house with dogs or hanged paintings of living things shall be visited by Angels .