Chapter 45

Maya's POV

"Well , I'm afraid not . Plus the first letter was only hints about where his father was hiding , "- Scarlet replied .

" That's bad ! " - I exclaimed and leaned back.

" Guys , don't you think we should finish the movie so we can get back to studying ? We have our final exams to write next week and we enrolled in late and .... "- I gave Beatrice a hug and calmed her down .

" Don't worry , everything will be fine ok ? We are going to do great too . "- I reassured .

" But she is right though , the movie is over anyway so grab your books and pack words you may or may not understand into your brains "- Mark joked .

" Your request are in kids ! "- Kelvin's mom exclaimed as she placed the tray full of snacks on the centre table .

We chorused our gratitude and bid her farewell .

" Ughhh , this algebra question is so infuriating . Why can't Maths solve its own problems , "- Scarlet whined which made laughter bounce around the room in seconds .

" Tell me about it , "- Kelvin encouraged .

I glared at Kelvin to stop encouraging her but he just shrugged .

" I can help ! "- Beatrice suggested with her hand raised .

" Thank you ! "; Scarlet dramatically yelled and replaced Kelvin who was seated by her .

" Guys ? , I just realized something ! "- Kelvin announced in fright .

" Today is Friday ! "- he continued still in shock .

" Yeah , so ? "- Jared urged .

" We'll be writing our final exams on Monday and wait , an idea just popped into my head . Let's go see... "- he stopped and looked at our facedly with a creepy smile .

" Kelvin ! " - we chorused in annoyance with him .

" Fine ! , Let's go see the farm animals , "- he finished and began marching out .

" But we have to study , " - Beatrice tiredly exclaimed while following the rest of us out yet still.

********

" Welcome ! "- Kelvin dramatically bowed and led us into a park which truthfully were filled with animals .

" Oh my goodness ! " - Scarlet yelled .

We covered our ears on impact and saw what she was pointing at .

" It's a Goat ! "- she continued and immediately ran to it and began to pet the mammal
We burst into laughter and followed her in .

" Guys ! Come meet Totes McGoats , "- Scarlet excitedly exclaimed . I might as well break my head by the abruptness of my turn .

" Did you just name the goat , Totes McGoats ? "- Beatrice asked in between laughs .

" Yeah , isn't it a unique name ? "- she asked with a smile .

" You're right about it being unique , alright , "- Kelvin joked .

I was talking to Jared who was in fits of laughs .

" So , tomorrow is still on right ? "- I asked when he turned to face me .

" Of course but you just have to come early so I can also have time to study "- he responded with a smile .

I was having a good conversation with him when I heard yelling .

I broke into laughs at what was in front of me .

" Get this thing of my face please ?! "- Scarlet said in a shaky voice .

" What happened ? "- My voice coming out broken since I wanted to laugh so hard .

" In short , She wanted to pet the llama and it spat on her , "- Mark explained in between laughs but stopped when Scarlet slapped his head .

" Owww , "- he rubbed his slapped spot and continued laughing later .

" Please get it off my face before it gets into my mouth !"- she cried out .

"Stop jumping , "- Mark stabled her while Kelvin went for tissues .

" Why would the llama even spit on my face , " - she asked herself .

" Scarlet , Are you crying ? "- Jared asked trying to contain his laughter .

" No I'm not , maybe it's the saliva that you're seeing "- she said with teary eyes . " This is not funny , "- she scolded .

" Yeah , leave my kitten alone , "- Mark inputed in between laughs .

" I hate you , Mark. " - she replied in between laughter .

" Yeah , I'm sure you do . " He replied while he helped wipe the saliva off her face.

I wonder what Mark is waiting for to confess his feelings to her .

The next day .

I finished with my breakfast , told my parents where I was headed to and drove my car out .

I knocked on Jared's door and anxiously waited for the door to be opened .

I knocked the second time and began playing with my feet after that .

" Maya ! Come in , "- Mrs . Han welcomed me .

" How are you ? "- she asked with a hug .

" I'm doing well Mrs. Han "- I replied .

" Hahaha , I'm tired of correcting you . It's been such a long time since you visited . Anyway let's leave that , would you like some freshly baked cookies ?
Wait am sure you're not here for me * giggles * . I'm sorry for delaying you Maya , Jared is in his studio . "- She continued . I thanked her and headed for his studio as instructed .

I greeted and smiled when I saw all the beautiful paintings in here . He really is an amazing artist .

He returned my greeting with a smile and gave me a seat among a bushy filled flowers in my floral print gown .

I glanced at him then back to my dress as I recalled his struggles ; being dumped in a dumpster when he was just one day old must have made him , Jared. The shy and quiet Jared . I can't believe anyone would do that to a baby at all .

" I'm ready when you are . "- he asked with a smile . " Just a sec , "- he excused then left . He cut me off my thoughts .

I used the opportunity and did some breathing exercises .

" Here , "- he gestured to a cup of ice cream as he handed it to me .

" Thanks . "- I said and slowly digged in .

" I'm ready whenever you are ? "- he said again with a smile while he prepared for the painting .

I tasted five more spoons and finally relaxed as I now requested Jared to start .

" No need to stress , just sit there and be your beautiful self as usual "- I blushed at his comment and smiled .

A/N

You two know you have final exams next week right ?