Chapter 26

Angelina Lee's POV .

" Hello Aunt Gilda ! "- I answered my phone .

" Yes , I was calling to ask if Phoebe could stay for a while since you know ? "- she replied .

" Yes , I was about to talk to you about that too * sigh * , I think that would be amazing at least until I have everything sorted out. "- I said .

" Well don't worry , I understand . Anyway Phoebe would want to talk to you ! " - she said .

" Yes but I will call her on her phone so don't worry about it . I hope she's not misbehaving or anything "- i asked .

" Of course not , she's an angel ! "- she laughed .

" Yeah , we all know that "- I said with sarcasm .

" So how are you doing ? "- I finally asked .

" The same , it's not like Heartfield will change or something , "-
she remarked .

" Well I did ask you to move in with me but you declined , instead you insisted you preferred the everyday sunny town " I said in between laughs .

" At least it's not too cold here during the winter ! " she remarked back .

" I for one think it's creepy though "- I said in between laughs .

" Well I'm proud of my town young lady ! "- she replied with an almost stern voice before she broke down in fits of laughs .

" Anyway thanks for the warm conversation but I'm sure you have a lot of work to do , "- she brought the conversation to an end .

" Yeah , I guess so . I'll call back later "- I said before I ended the call .

* Sigh *

I have to get back to all this paper work again .

I finished going through five files as I eventually got exhausted and went to relax for a while .

I went to pour myself some juice then made myself comfortable and cosy with binge watching .

* Ring , Ring . * Ring , Ring *-

I took my phone as I swiped to accept .

" Hello , Angelina ? "- I heard a nervous voice .

" Yes Miss. Summer , it's me speaking . I hope everything is alright ? "- I asked in a worried tone .

" Not at all , It's about Scarlet !"- she replied .

" What about her ? "- I immediately sat up " don't worry I'll be there in five "- I replied as I ended the call to change from my comfortable attire .

I rushed out of the house as I drove out .

* Knock , knock *

" Come in ! " - I heard Miss . Summer reply .

I opened to door as I was permitted to sit down.

" What about Scarlet , Miss . Summer "- I immediately asked her .

" It's just that , a woman came to adopt her two and half months ago but I just got a call from the police earlier today . They said Scarlet is in the hospital "- she explained .

" Why didn't you tell me about it , I could have made sure her background was in check "- I asked .

" That's what I regret , it's been a while since anyone had come here to adopt one of the children and I have to retire soon . I just saw it as an opportunity ." - she explained further .