Chapter 30

Four days later .

" Come on now , "- blonde lady gestured as she opened the hospital door for me .

" Don't come on now me , I thought you said I was going to be discharged two days ago "- I said as I smoothed down my sun dress.

" Well , sorry about that . I had to make sure you came out of the hospital with no scars "- she said as she opened the front seat for me . Though I'm grateful for that , she doesn't need to know about that so ;

I rolled my eyes and sat down .

" Whatever but what about the other kids , they never came back to visit me . "- I asked .

" We'll talk about that later , "- she replied as she drove out of the parking lot .

" Well I want to talk about it now ! "- I demanded .

" Well at least stop acting like a spoilt brat ! "- she yelled back .

" Oh , now I'm acting like a spoilt brat ?! " - I glared back .

" I know what your dad did to you was horrible but that doesn't mean you should take it out on everyone ! "- she said after a frustrated sigh .

" You know nothing about the pain we went through living in that house ! "- I said in anger .

" I'm sure maybe that Mark guy will get through you , " - she later said with a sad smile .

" I don't know what you are talking about , "- I mumbled .

" Ok then , "- she sang as we stopped in front of the foster home .

" Home sweet home ! "- I said with smile .

" Really ? , You feel at home here "- she asked in a rather giddy tone .

" Calm down blonde lady , "- I said with a chuckle .

" I wanted to talk to you about something ."- she said as she parked in front of home .

I ignored her as I ran into the house . The sweet scent of pastries ; * sigh * I walked into the kitchen to maybe have a taste of goodies inside the Oven .

" Miss . Summer ? , let me help you with those ! "- I said as I helped her get the muffins out of the oven .

" They smell fantastic by the way ! "- I remarked .

" I'm glad , you can have one . "- she said as she handed one to me .

" Pick up a tissue , it's still hot "- she said as she directed me to one .

" Thanks . "- I said before taking the muffin in my hand .

I moaned as I took a bite .

" These are definitely delicious ! "- I complimented and helped her finish up in the kitchen .

" Thanks for helping out , who knew I was getting that old ! "- she joked .

" You're welcome , I'm going check on the other kids now ! "- I said as I dashed out to the stairs .

" Mark ! , Beatrice ! , Maya ! , Kelvin ! , Jared ! "- I continued yelling but there was no response . I checked their rooms but they were all empty . Where could they be ? " - I thought to myself before running back down the stairs .

I calmly sat down beside Miss. Summer as I zoned out after I heard the grown ups talking about paperwork .

Where are they ? .

" Miss . Summer , where are the other kids ? "- I asked as I glanced at blonde lady who was now shifting anxiously on the couch .

" Didn't Miss . Angelina tell you ? "- she asked staring at blonde lady .