Chapter 49

I made Mark listen to the recording as well .

My heart beating at a dangerous rate , terrified for blonde lady .

" We have to get the others asap ! " - he stated dragging me along the stairs with him .

We went inside to find the students gathered around the stage .

" What's going on ? " - I asked Mark who in turn seemed distant .

" They are just about to announce Prom King and Queen " - he answered still searching for our friends .

" Ok but let's get into the crowd , "- I stressed .

He nodded and helped me look for the rest . They were in the middle of the crowd as we pulled them far away from it .

" Guys , blonde lady is in trouble " - I quickly explained revealing my phone and playing the recording .

" We need to go now ! " - Jared immediately stated .

We were on our way when the spotlight shone on us.

" Come on stage please , ladies and gentlemen let's welcome this year's prom King and Queen , Scarlet Lee and Mark Adams ! "- the principal announced .

" You two should get up there , just hurry with everything so we can be our way , " - Maya urged .

We nodded and headed upfront with forced smiles .

We climbed the platform and shook hands with the principal .

" Congratulations kids ! " - Principal Briggs congratulated .

" Thank you "- we replied breaking the hug .

People continued to cheer loudly as they placed our crowns on our heads and being seated on our various thrones .

They continued to cheer till it was time for our spotlight dance .

He went to talk to the dj and came back minutes later .

" Are you ready ?

" Definitely "- I replied with a smile .

" We are going dance our way out of here so just follow my lead out , " - he instructed as I nodded my head in reply .

We got into position quickly following his steps immediately the music began , dancing our way out with concentration as the students cheered for us .

We continued until we finally danced our ways out running to the limo as the cool breeze blew by us .

" Is the car ready ? " - I quickly asked out of breath . " We have to leave here before the students decide to come out , "- I continued .

" We can't take the car because Sammuel burst all the tyres ."- Beatrice replied with a saddened face .

" And how did you know it was Sammuel , " - Mark asked angered .

" He spray painted the other side of the car payback by Sammuel "- Jared explained further .

" Urgh , where are we going to get a car now . Let's just trek please "- I said with tears in my eyes.

" I'm sure Madeline brought her car . Let me go get the keys " - running back into the place .

She managed to bring her out as they continued arguing .

" If you don't give me the keys then I'll tell Mom and Dad you went to a party last night ! "- Beatrice threatened with confidence .

" You . Wouldn't " - Madeline responded with gritted teeth .

" Oh yes I would , trust me on that . " - she spat .

" * Gasps * and here I thought you were the perfect sister . Fine ! "- she threw the keys on the floor with Beatrice immediately grabbing them .

" I am the perfect sister , " - she replied running back to us .

" Let there not be a scratch on my baby ! " She warned .

" Yeah , yeah " - Kelvin replied this time .

We all were getting into the car when Lucy yelled . Why all this !

" I've already given you my answer Lucy and I have more pressing matters to take care of . Let's just be friends , "- Kelvin replied as Jared immediately stepped on it .

" What was that all about ? "- Maya asked with a raised brow .

" Nothing " - Kelvin mumbled .

" Ok , let's review everything . Blonde lady said there was a killer on the loose at the elderly home and something about saving Miss. Summer . "- I began repeating the recording all over again .

" Did you see her doing anything detective- ish at home ? "- Maya asked .

" yes actually , I saw her underline something on the newspaper but unfortunately I was too tired to go further "- I replied .

" Then that's where we should be going first , " - Jared said taking a sharp turn .

He drove fast helping us reach my house about thirty minutes max .

We got off the car and tried to burst in but it was locked .

" I can help with that , " - Mark intervened after requesting for a Bobby pin from Beatrice .

He careful managed to open the door with me going crazy screaming blonde lady's name.

" Phoebe ! " - I called after her as well , Jared suggested that we split up so we could over up the whole house in a fast pace .

I searched her room , the kitchen but to no avail . Maybe she's in blonde lady's room . I climbed back upstairs and opened the door faustratingly calling out any of them .

" Have you found anything yet ? " - Kelvin asked entering the room .

" No , just another empty room "- I sadly replied .

" I'm sorry Scarlet but we found nothing ," - Mark entered with the rest of them .

" I don't even know what to do anymore ! " - I slumped on her bed .

" But she did say she had found the killer so maybe she was there when she recorded the message ! "- Maya began .

" Yeah , Maya could right . If she was there when she recorded the message then she might still be there now , "- Beatrice continued .

" But we don't have any plans and I'm not sure we should be going there unprepared if the killer is armed "- Jared intervened .

" You guys are right , I'm sure she must have something here that could help us "- I replied and began searching her drawers .

Nothing .

I moved to under her bed .

Nothing .

Closet .

Nothing .

" I think i found something " - Maya exclaimed rotating blonde lady's mirror upside down for the wooden background to face us .

" Suspects ? " - I mumbled to myself reading what was staring back at us .

It says here that there are three suspects .

1. Mr . David McDonald . ( The owner of the elderly home )

2. The head doctor from the elderly home . Mr . Bernard Atkins .

3. The receptionist . Mrs. Grace Maryday .

"So does this mean one of the suspects is the actual killer ? " - Kelvin asked rubbing his chin.

" I think so " - I whispered to myself mostly

" I found a journal ! " - Beatrice exclaimed in a rush .

" Why would blonde lady hide a book in the bathroom ? "- I examined the book .

I opened the book and placed my hand on her writing .

The silent killer of Spring Falls . - I read out loud .

A/N

Silent but deadly .