Chapter 44

A month later .

" Food is ready kids ! " - blonde lady called out .

I walked downstairs and took a seat .
I smiled at Phoebe who returned it with a hateful growl as always .

I slowly bit into my toast and awkwardly tried to ignore her death glares .

Blonde lady breaks the tension when she clears her throat.

" So ... Phoebe ! Would you like to drive with Scarlet to school ? "- she asked for the thousandth time even though we all knew the answer .

" No , I'd rather ride with you . "- she swung her backpack over her shoulder and left the house with loud and very communicative bang. For a 10 year old girl , she sure has some anger issues .

" I'm very sorry about... "- she tried to say .

" It's alright * sigh * , goodbye . "- I kissed her cheek and ran outside with a rush then got into the backseat of Mark's car .

" No comment ?"- Mark remarked with a chuckle .

We passed by Phoebe who was angrily typing on her phone now .

I turned my head back to concentrate on the music playing as I nodded my head.

" Please , Scarlet ! How many times to you want me to apologise . I said I'm sorry for not telling you I was a member of a gang even though technically I did tell you I was in a bad place ." - he rambled rather not worthy of apology .

"Wait , are you blaming me now * sigh * whatever.  I guess a month is a really long time , your apology is finally accepted but I'm no longer sharing my vanilla ice - cream with you .  "- I said with a smile .

" Ok fine~ "- he whined as the both of us got out the car .

I was immediately engulfed in a hug by Maya and Kelvin .

" I see you're strong enough now to kill with a hug . "- I breathed out  breaking the hug .

" Yeah , now I have several life threathening stories to tell my future children . "- Kelvin excitedly said .

" Hope you'll be telling them that you were unconscious the whole time ."- I said in laughter .

" Definitely not ,"- he mumbled and held Beatrice's hand .
I don't know what to see of this .

" In fact , I'll tell them that I saved you all , "- he continued .

" Ok that's enough . Time for more serious issues . " - Jared intersected .

" Yeah like whose house are we watching the next movie at , "- Maya said with a smile while staring at Jared . His face lighted up with a smile .

" Well , it's my turn ! . Get ready to have your stomachs exploded from laughing so hard . "- he said with a bow .

" We trust you , "- Beatrice said with a squeeze of their entwined hands before breaking it .

Are they sending us signals or is it my eyes ?

" Enough sappy stuff or whatever is going on here , haven't you guys noticed how we're being treated now ? "- Mark exclaimed with glistering eyes .

" Yeah and it's kinda uncomfortable , "- I responded while we all began walking  in .

" Well I'm loving the VIP treatment very much , thank you . "- Kelvin said with a hand on his waist and strutted girly ahead of us . We burst out in laughter even though we were receiving many stares by now .

" Oh , oh , we have five minutes to get to class " - Beatrice alerted .

We mumbled chorused responses which I'm sure none of us understood .

We burst into laughs again and separated with smiling faces on .

" I'll be waiting for you in Maths class , Scarlet , "- Kelvin said before walking away .

He really is an optimist person . Even though his crazy scientist parents performed dangerous experiments on him over the years . He should have been  dark at heart .
I guess it's a choice .
Be grateful to good neighbors because if it weren't for them reporting his parents' act , he would have still been there .
Always be like this Kelvin . Never change .

I packed a few books I needed into my backpack and was headed down to class when a girl with brown hair approached me .

" Hi , "- she greeted .

"Hi ? "- I awkwardly responded .

"Ermm I wanted to ask if you ... Maybe you had any undone homeworks ? "- she shyly said .

" Why would you even ask that question , "- I asked with a puzzled look  .

" Because I would love to do them for you in exchange ... For a favor "- she finished .

" I'm sorry but the reason I came here was to learn and not to burden others with my workload and I'm sure you also have a few homeworks of yours to complete . "- I gave her a side hug and headed back to class since I had like two minutes now .

" Wait !  then at least could you please help me meet Kelvin ? "- she said with hands behind her back and pleading eyes .

" I don't know  but I'll try , first I have to know your name ? "- I asked .

" Lucy and I just want to be friends with Kelvin , that's all . "- she said and dashed away to the opposite direction .

I shrugged and rushed to my class as I took a seat beside Kelvin .

*******

We were seated on our cafeteria table as we began chatting again .

" I was really looking forward to hearing her insults , "- Kelvin remarked with a sigh as we soon burst into laughter again .

" Madeline is seriously rude ; for a huge nerd . She sure has a huge bad attitude . "- I said while stealing a banana from Maya's plate .

" How is things with your sister anyway , "- Beatrice asked concerned .

" Same as always , still thinks I'm trying to steal blonde lady away from her even though I'm obviously not trying to do that . "- I tiredly explained .

" I'm sure she will warm up to you , you just need to show her how sisterly you can be , "- Jared reassured .

" I know ,  Scarlet isn't  giving up , "- I said with a determined face and a snap of my fingers .

" Go girl !"- Kelvin said in between laughs .

" Lunch time is almost over guys ,"- Beatrice alerted us again as we got up and dumped our leftovers .

We got back to our various classes .

* Time for more learning * .

*******

We were now seated in Kelvin's home with popcorn in our hands .

We finished with our group studies and spoilt ourselves with a stomach aching full of laughs movie .

" Do you kids need anything else "- Kelvin's mom asked us .

We chorused a few requests and set her away with giggles .

" So have you heard from Luciano since that letter "- Jared asked .