chapter 20

The picnic was finally over and everyone was evidently happy except Kelsy ; she was practically swelling up with anger .

I headed straight up for my room and slumped down on my bed as sunk into it till i happily dozed off .

I was woken up by constant knocks on my door .

No ... why ! are these people doing this to me .

I begrudgingly got up and opened the door .

" Scarlet ? , Why aren't you in your PJs "- Maya asked .

" Oh yeah , I must have forgotten about our slumber party .Just go ahead , I will meet you in Maya's room "- I said with my eyes still closed .

" Ok but just hurry up , "- Beatrice said as they giggled away .

I stripped as I got into the bathroom and took a cold shower .

I dried myself after then put on a satin below the knee night wear .

I got out of the room and headed for Maya's room ;

I was about knocking on her door when an unknown hand pulled me into a room .

I was about to scream but the person instantly covered my mouth .

" Calm down Scarlet , it's me ! "- Mark said .

" You know , we have to stop meeting like this . "- I said with a hand on my hip.

" I just wanted to talk to you "- he said as he turned on the light ; he had soldiery kind of design going on.

I sat on his bed and crossed my legs .

" Well that's not a good approach ! "- I said as I folded my arms .

" Ok sorry , I just wanted to talk to you after the picnic but you had already entered your room and I didn't want to go in uninvited . "- he explained .

" I'm sure you didn't even have time for your hair , it's still dripping . "- I scolded .

" Well I didn't want to lose you , " - he said but those red cheeks again. I seriously need to do something about it .

" Come , "- I requested .

He sat by me as I rubbed his cheeks again
" I think you should see a doctor , look at how bright red your cheeks are " - I said as I got closer to examine it but they seemed to shine even more .

" Let me just get you a towel , " - I said as I headed for his bathroom .

I took one of many towels in his bathroom and started to clean his hair from the dripping water .

" You don't have to do this , you know ? "- he said .

" Beatrice said that's what friends do ; they help each other , "- I explained .

" Ok , now your hair is clean and dry , just take care of your hair because I really like it . "- I complimented .

" Really ? "- he smiled . He has the cutest dimpled smile .

" So why did you pull me here ? "- I asked as he held my hands again , I didn't object because I also kind of liked it .

" About teaching you some things , "- he said .

" Oooo right , I can't now because I have a slumber party to attend to but I would come here anytime I am free . "- I said as I got up .

" You look beautiful by the way , "- he complimented .

" You are so full of compliments but thanks , I'm glad you like it . "- I said as I finally left the room .

I headed for Beatrice's room when I was pulled away again.