Carly and Gossip

You guys seriously amaze me with your dedication to this story! Thank you so much. I love you all! 

Previously: “Carly! Look who came to visit?”

Crap.

Her blonde hair whipped back and he saw her face. Her piercing blue eyes, straight white teeth. Carly….the girl he lost his virginity to. The woman really. She was 17 when he was 14. Maybe that was what started his fascination.

“Harry Styles? Look at you!” She smiled and put the cake she had been carrying down and walked over to him. She hugged him tightly and he felt awkward.

“Carly.” He spoke, and tried to find something to say, “You look…great. Glad to see you are still here or the cakes would have gone to hell.”

“Hey!” Charles shouted putting his hands on what would have been his waist but he was too big to really have any.

“No offense mate. Your bread is out of this world but the cakes. The cakes were Carly’s thing.” Harry shrugged.

Dylan laughed and continued to look around. Charles gave a face of agreement and continued to help Dylan.

“That’s why Charles made me a partner.” Carly smiled.

“Oh wow! Congratulations.”

“And she pulled herself a man” Charles chimed in. Harry watched as she lifted her hand to show him a massive diamond rock sitting on her dainty finger.

“Jesus! That thing is huge!” he grabbed her hand and he instantly regretted it. All the memories of them together came flooding back to him. He could feel his heartbreaking again.

“It looks like you won’t be far off either.” She nudged towards Dylan. He turned to look at her and he felt his heart reparing and beating even faster. Could I see myself marrying this girl? No. No way. We are way too young.

“No. It’s not like that.” He could not take his eyes off Dylan. Her eyes went wide at all the different cakes and when they were placed in the box he saw her licking her lips. But then he saw her handing Charles money. He walked over to her, “What are you doing?”

“What do you mean? I am paying. It’s to thank your family for taking me in for a few days.” She replied. He tried to stop her from paying but Charles intervened.

“Well it is both your lucky day because it is on the house.” Charles handed her the box.

“Charles that is not necessary.” She tried to hand him the money.

He pushed it back to her, “You have made Harry smile more in the last 15 minutes than I saw the entire time he worked here. You deserve these.” She looked over at Harry and smiled nervously. He felt the same smile creep onto his face as well.

“We best be going now. Lots more of the small town to see today.” He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and they began to walk towards the door.

“Come back soon Harry. We do miss you here.” Carly looked at him with a questioningly seductive air.

“We will try. And congratz on the engagement.”

“Maybe I will be saying the same thing to you soon” She smiled wickedly and he quickly looked at Dylan whose face was full of confusion and shock. He quickly pulled Dylan out of the place and they made their way to the car. He opened her door and she climbed in and whispered her thank you.

He climbed into the drivers seat and just took a deep breath. Dylan was the first to speak, “So she was the reason you were dreading to go in there? Ex or something?”

“How did you-“

She raised and eyebrow, impressed with her own deduction. “Want to talk about it?”

Before his mind could stop his mouth he spit out the story, “ She was my first. I was 14 she was 17, kind of a dork and she was always nice to me. So I went for it. After it happened she started to avoid me and then finally when I cornered her she told me that what we did was a mistake that should never be brought up. I was too young and what we did was so wrong.”

“That’s what started your fascination with older women. The fact you failed with the first you try to redeem yourself by sleeping with others. Trying to prove to her age is merely a number. Sex is sex.”

“I thought your PhD was in business not psychology?” he joked but he was shocked at how easy it was for her to understand and read him.

“Yes, but logic is logic. No psychology degree needed. If it helps you were calm, cool, and collected. She would have had no idea she shattered your heart into a million pieces all those years ago.” He was now staring at her in shock, “Deductive reasoning my friend.” She placed her hand on his thigh again. Like at the dinner table it was a friendly gesture that caused a not friendly feeling in his pants.

He reached over to cup her cheek and he leaned in and gently pecked her on the lips. “Thank you.”

She smirked, “You’re welcome now lets get to all these other fascinating places in this town.”

“There really isn’t much. We have the basic high street filled with primark, topshop, etc. But I like coming home because people respect my privacy here and I don’t know how long that is going to last but for now it is great.”

“Hence why you just kissed me in public.” She laughed.

“You didn’t stop me.” He argued.

She shrugged, “I guess I felt just as comfortable. I am not terrified when I climb out of a car paparazzi are going to try and take a photo of my crotch. Which is apparently a hot commodity in recent.” She laughed but his heart panged with pain.

He cringed, “I am really sorry for all that.”

“You apologize every time something happens to me. Please stop. I allowed this to happen. I agreed to this by becoming your friend…and now more.” Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she reached to pull it out. She frowned and looked over at him. He was about to ask what was wrong but she spoke, “I guess we were wrong.” She handed him her phone. He saw a tag line ‘Holmes for the Weekend’ and there was a picture of him kissing her in the car not even two minutes ago.

“What the-“ he tried to figure out what angle to photo was taken and the only place in which the angle seemed to fit was the bakery. “I will be right back” He climbed out of the car slamming the door a lot more violently than he had intended. He walked into the shop and saw Carly icing the cake she had brought out earlier. “Why would you do that?! What in your mind said that sending that photo to some sleezy website was ok?” he shouted. He saw Charles come out of the back. Harry looked ready to kill and Charles quickly made his way back to the kitchen.

She tried to play innocent with big woeful eyes but he had fallen for those tricks before. He was not stupid enough to fall for them again. “What are you-“

“Save it Carly. I cannot believe you! Why are you out to ruin the small bit of sanity I had left. That girl out there,” he pointed towards the car where he saw Dylan on her phone and she looked upset. He hissed the rest, “has done nothing to you. And I happen to love her. You just had to cause a problem we didn’t need. Thank you so much.” The sarcasm dripped from his lips. Dylan did teach him one thing. He began to walk towards the door when he heard Carly scoff.

He turned to face her and she had an evil grin on her face, “How could you love her?” She sneered and her head went to look towards Dylan.

“What is it to you?”

“Curiosity.” She shrugged.

“Yeah, well, that killed the cat.” He walked out the door and began to make his way back to the car. That’s when he saw Dylan wiping tears from her eyes. “Shit,” he began to run to the car. Whoever she was on the phone with did not help the situation. This day had just gone from bad to worse.

Read, REVIEW, Vote  I love you all!!