Planes and Trains

Hello beautiful people! Thank you for getting me to 500 reads!! There are seiously no words! This chapter is dedicated to _graytommo

She is another person who has helped me stay positive about keeping this story going! Thank you!

The next few weeks went by in a blur. At every interview he would be questioned about Dylan and their interlude and every time he was forced to make up that they are still friends and that night was a simple mistake they both simply laugh about. He could tell whenever the questions were asked the rest of the boys would tense up waiting for Harry to crack and she was just a conquest that the paparazzi ruined and they now hate each other.

During one interview as he was explaining their friendship the interviewer cut him off by saying, “ We saw Eleanor and Louis taking her to the airport a few days ago and you were no where to be found?”

He could see all the boys squirm and Niall’s eyes had bugged out for a millisecond. Harry smiled and cleared his throat and answered the question, “No. No I was not there. I unfortunately had another engagement that I could not miss. However she will be back in a few months and we will be visiting her in the states this summer on our US tour. We will still be able to keep in touch.”

“The US tour you will be leaving on right after this interview?”

“That’s correct!” Liam butted in to take the load off Harry.

As they climbed into the car waving at the fans Harry crawled in next to Louis and the second the car started to move Harry hit Louis arm.

“Ow!” Louis hollered, “What was that for?”

Harry hissed, “How could you not tell me Dylan was leaving? Or the fact she left?”

Louis looked annoyed, “What do you care? You said good riddance. Plus she told us not to mention it.”

Harry felt a weird pang in his chest. It was painful. “She did?”, was all he was able to form.

Louis nodded with a small amount of pity for his best mate. Harry had no clue what to say. But what he did know is that whatever needed to be said did not need to be said to Louis.

Harry picked up his phone opened to a new message and quickly started to type:

I owe you the largest apology known to the human species. How could you not tell me you were leaving?

Louis read the text over the side of his shoulder. His face was boarderline concern but he tried to hid it. Harry could not take his eyes away from the screen. And that’s when he saw it. The little bubble saying the other end was typing. And then the vibration in his hand as the response popped up:

I no longer have your number saved, and yet, I already know who this is. Harry Styles. Great to hear from you “friend’as you like to call me. I am pretty sure our last encounter gives you the answer. Tell Louis I say hi.

Louis could not help the smirk that crossed his face. Harry gave him a death glare. “She doesn’t play mate. You owe her more than just a small text saying you need to apologize.”

“Whose side are you on?” Harry was now angry.

“I am always on yours, but you gotta remember that night?”

Harry played that night back in his mind almost every night. He wished the blinds were closed. He wish he took her saying as a joke, He wish he didn’t pick up the phone. He felt his fingers typing before his mind knew what he was doing:

We are playing a show in New Jersey. Your gorgeous state. I will leave you 3 tickets at the will-call desk. Dylan please come so I can explain myself and apologize…in person.

“That could work.” Louis continued, “I could get El to convince Dylan to go.”

“El hates me right now. Almost as much as Dy. She would not want to do anything for me.” Harry leaned his head back to see the car lights behind them.

“She has forgiven you simply because she is still able to maintain a friendship with Dylan. She just never mentions you and Dylan doesn’t come within a mile radius of our apartment. And for some crazy reason El thinks you and Dylan should be together.”

“We did and it didn’t end well”

“She meant a committed relationship.” His phone vibrated:

I really don’t want tickets and I don’t want an apology. I just want to forget everything that happened and move on. But you make it impossible. We did not end as friends but cameras have been following me asking that since you are coming to America if we will be meeting up to finish what we started. We made a mistake. A few actually. I learned from them why cant you?

“Damn.” Louis whispered.

Niall turned around to them and grabbed the phone from Harry, “Harry tell her you love her, Louis stay out of it, and lets please move on. We hear enough of Harrys fake answers during our interviews, we don’t need to hear more of it on this tour. You should have been honest in the interviews. Why couldn’t you just say the paparazzi ruined a moment with a girl you really cared about?” He had huffed that entire monologue in a single breath.

“You all throw out the word love  like it is as simple as the word carrots. I now know what Dylan was annoyed by it.” He curled up into himself on the seat.

“It is not being thrown around. It is the truth.” Liam, the most sensible one said. He continued, “Harry you have moped around, and have crazy mood swings. And whenever you hear her name your face looks like your heart has been crushed by an anvil. She broke your heart and you don’t even recognize it. El was right when she said you were blind.”

The car had become silent. For the rest of the ride no one said a single word. When they pulled up to the airport Niall handed Harry back his phone. He smiled awkwardly and continued to walk into the terminal.

As they all got comfortable in their seats Harry knew he had to say one more thing to Dylan:

I owe you so much more than an ‘I’m sorry’. But at this moment that is all I can say. I am sorry for what happened that night and how I acted. And I am sorry for not apologizing sooner. You deserve so much more than this and if you could just be at that concert I can truly apologize. In person. I owe you that. Dy I know you felt something that night. I have to shut my phone off because we are about to take off but I hope to see you in a few weeks.

“Hopefully” he said under his breath. He shut off his phone and threw his head phones on and tuned out the world.

When he woke up the bright lights of Los Angles were glimmering below them. When they landed he turned on his phone and felt it buzz with a few messages. He read a few from his mom and sister. But one that he was happy to see was one from Dylan. It was so simple.

Ok.

He hated that word but at that moment he would take it.

What do you think? Will Dylan show up? Or will Harry be left to wonder? Read Review and Vote! Love you all!