Cider and Black

Harry climbed the small staircase up to his apartment he could hear Louis singing through the door. As he walked through the door Louis stopped his singing and looked over the couch with a massive smile.

“Haz! Where have you been?” he sat up and turned all the way to face Harry.

“Got coffee, met a girl, came home,” he shrugged his jacket off and hung it on one of the hooks by the door.

Louis now had perked up even more and his grin was growing wider, “Met a girl? Like a date? Or you simply saw her and said hi?”

“Saw her walk into a shop, sort of followed her and then walked her to the tube. She’s American studying abroad” Harry walked to sit down next to Louis.

“Finally a girl your age” Louis slapped Harrys back in amusement and pleasure.

“Not exactly She is getting her PhD. She is 23” Harry laughed at Louis reaction. It was a mix of shock, annoyance, and you-gotta-be-kidding.

“Jesus Harry! But I will say she is not a typical cougar age you go for.  You are too mature for your age. In your female companion choices…but not much else” Louis was now traipsing over to the kitchen to make himself something to eat.

“She seemed different. Anyway I don’t think I will be hearing from her again. She knew something was up when a small pack of girls started to follow us walking. I practically had to beg for her to take my number.” He scoffed at replaying his own actions in his heads.

“Harry Styles?!? Begging?!? No!” Louis almost dropped the loaf of bread and as he fumbled around he finally caught it and placed it on the counter.

“Yeah it was pretty pathetic of me” he scoffed.

“Alright well if nothing is going to come it why bring it up?” He spread mayo  onto the bread and started creating one his famous Louis Tomlinson sandwiches.

“I think I got some inspiration out of it.” Harry walked back to his coat and grabbed the pad of paper. But as he reached in he felt the jewelry box. “Oh…hey Lou would Eleanor like this? I had to pretend I was looking for something when I walked into the shop.” He tossed the box to Louis.

Louis looked at the name of the box and smirked, “You would find a girl who walks in here attractive…” he opened the box and let out a chuckle, “Did she pick this out?”

“Yeah. And what’s that supposed to mean I would find a girl who shops there attractive” he was offend that Louis was insinuating about a girl he had never even seen. 

“It’s a hipster boutique. No Eleanor will not like this necklace. Maybe you can give it to your mystery girl” he joked

“Dylan. Her name was Dylan.”

This caused Louis to nearly choke as he laughed heartly, “Dylan?!? If that isn’t a hipster girl name I don’t know what is. Next you are gonna tell me she was rockin a beanie with a crazy weird haircut.”

Harry said nothing to this and simply walked away as he heard Louis continuing his laughter. As Harry shut his bedroom door he heard Louis shout, “You are lucky she will never know who we are! Too mainstream!”

Harry rolled his eyes and walked over to just lay on his bed. He could not stop thinking of Dy and her piercing eyes that caught every emotion she was trying to perceive. She was not the normal conquest but she will be a fun one to say the least. A few minutes later there was a knock on his door and he walked to see Louis on the other side.

“Get dressed. We are going out.” Louis said walking to his own room

“Where?” Harry stuck his head out to watch Lou make his way down the hall.