49. Dont take her away from me

Matty

I stood with a very anxious max trying to calm him down a little while trying to keep myself together. It had been a long night so far.
"Nearly there boys" Sandra laughed at us, bringing back coffee. I checked the time, yawning, 6am, I'd had a cat nap but couldn't really sleep.
"I don't want her to have c-section" max whispered sadly
"They were just preparing you love. She's fine. 8cm, one to go max." Sandra patted him
"Ok" he nodded "I'm such a screw up, I did this to her." He looked over at my sister "oh no another one, I'm coming baby" he darted off

"Should I be worried mum? It usually take this long?"
"Every birth is different Matty darling. They only wanted to prepare him because of the circumstances. He's already in shock bless him. They won't let it go too much longer as her blood pressures a little low. Ralph and Tom went home, they couldn't keep their eyes open despite how much coffee they've drunk bless them."
"Yeah Tom FaceTimed at midnight to say they were going home but would be coming back. You were sleeping. Think they're coming in a few hours if they don't hear from us."

"I think she's doing better than me and him" I laughed at Max's twitchiness and flustering over my sister.
"All things considered...."
"Sandra!" Max called her over
"Yes sweetheart" she hurried over
"Can you help me move her please. So annoying they said she had to get out the pool thing, she was more comfortable in there." Max complained sitting on the bed "there we go, that better baby?" He pulled her back into him stroking her head "another one already! Ok I got you. What do you think of blue?"
"The colour?" I asked confused
"You are not calling our baby blue weaver, it sounds like an insect!" Jem complained, crying out "oooo mum, I think.....I need to push, Yep definitely need to push."

I ran off to fetch help, shuffling quickly to the head end when I returned. "I'm not on drugs" max informed the midwife we hadn't met that had come in to help the one we did. He saw her glancing and lingering at his twitching hand, which he tried to tuck away, then at Jem's black eye and bruised arms "it was an accident, I didn't hit her."
"Dude! Every time you say it makes it sound suspicious, stop bloody saying it!" I tapped him as he let out a large shoulder jerk.
"Can I hold the baby?" Max asked
"It's not here yet, You are so impatient!"
"I meant when it gets here! I can't stop twitching but I want to hold my baby."
"No one said you couldn't!"
"If you two don't shut up I'm going rip both your testicles off!" Jem grappled both of our shirts growling angrily at us.

"Sorry, come on, nearly there sis." I rubbed her arm, trying my best not to look at anything while max was doing the opposite trying to get a good look while sitting behind Jem with his knees tucked up either side of her. "Behave, stop looking" I scolded him
"Nothing I ain't seen before! I wanna see! I can see the head Emmy! Can I touch it?"
"Bad enough I know you've been there weaver. Stop it. Eyes and hands up here."
"Big brother and big brothers best friend" Sandra whispered to the midwifes "They're band mates. They live together. Well not together, all of them. The band. Big brother weren't happy about his best friend falling on love with his little sister."
"Mum, too much information, they're not public knowledge still" I whispered

"I'm also her best friend and boyfriend and the babies father, obviously" max informed them, reaching down to feel the babies head "we didn't just hook up, we're dating. Aren't we Emmy. I love her. She's my soulmate. Wow they have hair!"
"Jesus Christ shut up all of you before I throw you all out" Jem complained squeezing my hand "Matty are they too small?"
"I don't know, I'm not looking down there!" I complained
"Is it too small?" Max asked taking another look "they look small, oh my word the heads out! We have a head people!" Max declared enthusiastically and loudly to the room "can I film this?"
"what no, put your damn phone away!" I pushed it away "not sure the whole ward needed to know the babies heads out mate."
"Sorry, come on one more big one, you can do it" max encouraged "our babies nearly here Emmy, our baby, holy fuck I'm about to be a dad."