6. Love of my life

Jemima

I opened the front door and stepped inside breathless from my run. Limping on my now sore ankle. I headed to the kitchen desperate for some water, my vision still hazy I blinked and shook my head while I drank.
"Happy now?" Matty sarcastically asked standing with folded arms behind me
"Ecstatic!" I sarcastically and breathlessly replied "I just love feeling like this"
"Jem please just....." Matty started to talk, my legs felt weak all of a sudden buckling underneath me, he dived forward catching me before I fell "Ok enough!" He demanded carrying me to the living room placing me in a chair. "Look at you, you can't even stand up, you wanna end up back in the wheelchair or with a god damn feeding tube!" I shook my head "then fucking eat something and stop running several times a bloody day! You shouldn't be running on your ankle with out your strap thing anyway, you're limping. You're gonna get really sick again if you keep this up Jem, you know that right?" I nodded shyly not looking at him. "It's not been that long Jem, I know you don't want to face the possibility of long term damage, I wasn't ready either, I'm sorry, I know I didn't cope with it well but we need to face it that this thing isn't over, we can't sweep it under the carpet anymore. It's here to stay sis, I'm sorry, I wish it wasn't but we need to face it now, together Jem. We'll figure this out together." He went back into the kitchen summoning Milo to help him.

"I'm sorry Laura" I whispered across the room not looking at her, I felt guilty but also pissed off she was still here. I wanted to try my best for Ed, I loved him even though right now I also very much hated him for putting me in this position.
"Hey sweetie it's ok, really it's me who should be apologising for candy!" She kindly said "just so you know, I dropped her ass. She was out of order. She's not coming back ok, you have my word." I gave her a weak smile and nodded.
"I'll give William a call shall I, let him know you're having a bad day, maybe he can help, what's his number?" Tom pulled his phone out, before I could say anything Matty walked back in
"Don't bother they broke up and the cowards not answering my calls still, now I know why." Matty said blankly
"What?" Max exclaimed a little too loudly sitting up to attention "when? Today? Yesterday?"
"Over Three months ago" Matty answered him
"Matty!" I protested
"I told you they're your brothers too, they're going to notice eventually you doofus! they've already noticed he's not been around much!"
"You're still breaking the damn rules" I shook my head at him disapprovingly. He handed me a sandwich which I took and put straight onto the floor "Jem! It's off your safe list! I even sliced tomatoes and put the ends in how you like it!" He used his best dad voice, I curled into the chair putting my headphones back in cranking the volume up. Milo appeared with a milkshake handing it to me, I took a few sips then put it down.

I managed to sneak away from them to go get changed out of my sweaty clothes only to be interupted by max coming in to my room closing the door behind him.
"Why didn't you tell me!"
"You didn't ask!"
"I thought...."
"Yeah I know you thought, I'd sleep with both of you at the same time, that I'd cheat on him, like some kind of cheap slut! Yeah I got that information already asshole!" I snapped while packing some of my things up in my mini doodle case.

"Emmy I'm sorry, I was just upset, please! Stop packing! Where you even planning on going?"
"Anywhere you're not."
"Emmy..."
"You know what, you didn't even think to ask me while you were fucking me did you, you didn't bloody care if I was someone else's girlfriend or not!"
"You're right I didn't think to ask, he didn't even enter my mind until after you left my room, because I had you Emmy, in front of me, right there after all this time I had my soulmate sitting right in front of me telling me she loved me and all I wanted was you, I should have asked, I should have..."
"Whatever max, just get out and leave me alone. I told you not to speak to me. You two timing man whore. Get out!"

"Emmy, Candy..."
"Don't even say that bitches name to me max, I don't want to know about your little slapper, please just leave me alone." I sniffled stuffing things angrily into my case.
"No, I'm not letting you slip through my fingers again, not this time! I've waited too bloody long!"
"Max, Just go back to gorgeous candy."
"Emmy just shut up! You're the most beautiful girl I ever met, inside and out!"
"Ok now I know your lying, get out! Leave me alone or I'll tell Matty you fucked me!"
"You Emmy....Jemima Hannah Miller, are the love of my fucking life!" He declared standing so close I could feel his breath on my skin. I pushed him away annoyed