47. One hell of a night

Jemima

I woke up in the middle of the night, Max sprawled across me. I shimmied out of bed deciding to get up as I was still so uncomfortable, if I never saw another roast potato it would be too soon. I stumbled into the wardrobe wincing, holding my stomach. "Baby?" Max wearily asked raising his sleepy head "you ok? What you doing?" He shifted to look at the time "it's 2am" he yawned
"Go back to sleep."
"Bathroom?" He asked looking at me oddly "time of the month? You look in pain. Can I get you something? Pain killers?"
"I ate too much" I slid down the wardrobe exhausted puffing out "stomach ache"

"You want a massage?" He yawned again "I'm awake now anyways."
"I'm gonna take a bath" I crawled towards the door
"A bath? It's 2am!"
"I want a bloody bath!" I complained at him
"Alright, have a bath, Jesus." Max flopped into his pillow "wait, you want me to join you? Or you ok flying solo? If you need to fart just fart, you know I don't care. You don't need to go to the bathroom Baby."
"Oh my god shut up and Go back to sleep." I continued crawling my way across the landing to the bathroom running myself a warm bath.

I happily lay in the warm water feeling better until the handle rattled "for god sake max piss off!" I snapped annoyed my peace and tranquillity had been disturbed
"Sorry, it's me" Laura whispered "I need the toilet. I drank too much mulled wine. Sorry didn't know you were in there."
"Just a second" I groaned climbing out wrapping in a robe "sorry, all yours."
"Were you taking a bath? It's nearly 3am."
"Baby? You feeling better?" Max popped his head out "oh hey Laura. You coming back to bed baby? I got you some pain killers."
"Coming, night or morning" I wafted a hand at Laura.

"I got your favourite fluffy pj's out and cranked the fan up so you don't over heat."
"Thank you" I winced getting dry and dressed
"You sure you're ok?" Max rubbed my legs helping me pull on my pyjamas
"Not really" I lay down tiredly after popping the pills
"You want me to wake Matty for you?"
"No I want you to get into bed." I pulled at him to join me "I was enjoying my bath before I was disturbed. I was comfortable in the bath now I'm uncomfortable again." I grumbled, Max sniggering pulling me back into him

The next morning I was laying in another bath with music playing, trying to relax a little, singing along to my feel good playlist "Jem?" Matty knocked on the door.
"Seriously!" I whined "put two bathrooms on the list for the new house!" I shouted through the closed door
"Will do. You're fine, you taking another bath? Max said you took one at 2am?"
"So?"
"It's a little unusual, just checking you're alright. You want me to phone the doc's see if they got any emergency appointments?"
"No. I just want to take a bath. It's not a crime! Now piss off unless you need to pee!"
"Ok, call if you need anything."

I made way down to see the boys prepping a barbecue, great more food. I rolled my eyes at the thought. These boys never seemed to stop bloody eating, I don't know where they put it all. "Hey baby, how was the bath?"
"Wet" I joked giving him a kiss "oooo" I screwed my eyes up
"Baby seriously just fart!" He laughed "you're bloated, get rid of the gas!"
"Oh shut up, you're obsessing over farts! ow." I hobbled to the garden
"Cramping?" Laura asked helping me into Max's hammock that I was heading for
"She's not on her period" max felt my head "you're not burning up. Matty!"
"Don't call my hypochondriac brother! He'll be having me on the kidney transplant list or something!" I slapped Max's arm
"Jem I'm calling the docs, you don't look right" Matty held his phone up to his ear
"Appendix?" Max asked looking me over
"No she had it out when she was three I'm sure she did, damn it no appointments." Matty complained "Jem, what's going on. You want me to call mum? I mean Sandra. Obviously. I mean if it's women's things."
"oh god someone shut him up." I complained "can I not just lay here! I'm tired!"

I took a snooze in Max's hammock, it was relaxing, we often lay in it together. I liked snuggling up with him taking a nap, like we were doing now. "Hello" max smiled when my eyes opened, I smiled up at him "there's my favourite smile." He moved over to give me a kiss "whoah steady" he laughed "don't want to fall out again do we."
"One time....oh fuck" I grimaced
"Right that's it, I'm driving you to the hospital." Max fussed over me "this isn't right baby!" He stroked my stomach "maybe you got an ulcer."
"Ooo, Max." I gripped onto him "oh fudge balls." I breathed out "please, ow please, max do something."
"Ok, ok, stay calm. Matty!" Max yelled falling out of the hammock "Matty!" Max scrambled around haphazardly.