36. Flavia

Jemima

I sat on the floor in mine and Max's bedroom with Peter, scrolling through Max's phone that I'd swiped without him knowing.
"You know you're acting crazy right"
"I thought you were helping snoop! I helped you snoop on your ex Jude!"
"Fine. You know...I know you got hang ups, lots of them but I'd be worried about his ex's sniffing around too. Like I was with Jude. Rightly so. Just so you know this isn't a hang up, it's valid. I mean he's famous, loaded, not that you'd know it from this place. I'd be concerned they'd want back in too."
"Is that supposed to be helpful?"
"Yes" Peter laughed hugging me
"Well it's not making me feel any better!"

"you know this is...."
"We have the same pass code so technically it's not snooping. It's just....checking."
"Well they've both been in contact since the accident. Fairly frequently. Take it he didn't say" I shook my head "suspicious. are you sure you want to do this?" I nodded unsurely "and if it goes wrong, if you don't get the answers you need or it's not what you want to hear?"
"I don't know Petey, I....just need to...."
"See if he's tempted or they're interested, I know I get it. I've done this before, this was my suggestion. So if he's playing around behind your back? If he's lied to you? What then?"
"Then I'm fucked Peter"
"You could come back with me?"
"And loose Matty for a stupid fling that didn't mean anything to him. I loose everything over a man who is just like the rest of them."
"Hey it's gonna be okay. You got me, you'll always have me. Matty will visit. If he turns out to be a bastard I'll bring you home with me Em. I promise. So the two ex's, are we doing the flings."
"We need to delve the dark web, I don't have names or details. He never says their names which is suspicious. One fan girl. Not doing her I'd end up ripping the sluts hair out. He don't even know her name, only that it began with a B, desperate whore. He didn't even finish so it don't count anyway, slut."
"I miss your psychotic ass." Peter laughed "okay well main two are done right miss marple let's do some digging." He rubbed his hands together.

Two hours later max popped his head in our room "hey you seen my phone, it's not in its pot on the wall, or in my pocket and I already checked the fridge." Peter looked at him confused
"On the bed, must have fallen out of your pocket" I told him slapping peters arm "keep it zipped, he's forgetful that's all."
"Thanks." Max picked it up shoving it in his pocket "what you two up to? Something I can help with?" Max asked shuffling around "hardly seen you tonight. It's getting late."
"Yeah actually, the assistant stylist you dated or fucked or whatever, what's she called and is she still on your team?" Peter asked boldly, I stared at him wide eyed, he was going to blow our cover.
"What? Oh....do you mean Robin? I wouldn't say we dated we had a thing for three weeks if that. On the America tour a few years back. How did you... Why?"
"No reason, just read something on the internet, so she still work for you lot?" Peter asked casually
"I errr yeah, kinda. She's our main stylist now. You met her in London, she was on tour with us."
I got up off the floor stomping angrily out of the room, I knew it was that robin chick who always spent more time on max than the other boys and was always hanging around, she'd had a boob job and changed her hair since the photos on the internet but I knew it was her, max just confirmed it.

"Hey kiddo what you.....Jem?"
"What?" I snapped at Matty
"You still upset?"
"How old is Robin?"
"Our stylist? Oh ummm let me think, her birthday was two months ago I think so she's twenty four, no twenty five. I think, maybe it's twenty six, somewhere around there. Don't like to ask, I think she's younger than she looks. We went to her party, you didn't want to come so you stayed at Sandra's. Well you weren't up to it health wise anyway."
"Did max go?"
"Yeah we all went and showed our face why?"
"Emmy?" Max scuffled in followed by Peter "I Err can we talk? In private?"
"Why would I want to talk to your lying, cougar loving ass" I spat out at him in spanish, Peter sniggering
"What she say?" Max asked Peter