32. allowed to be happy

Matty

I did my daily checks of max and Jem's trash can and bed sheets, being caught in the act by the boys, I turned around finding the three of them standing there with childish smirks on their faces. "Oh shut up" I laughed walking over to the bedside draw to rummage through it.
"Didn't say a word mate" milo held his hands up "how long you gonna keep this up for, it's a little creepy dude. What exactly are you gonna do if you find your evidence."
"Pound his fucking face"
"No you won't" Ed rolled his eyes "if you were going to put a stop to this you would have months ago and you know it. You know why you haven't?"
"Enlighten me Ed"
He pointed at the most recent photo of the pair of them on the wall "that, right there."
"What?" I asked confused
"That smile" Ed smiled looking at Jem's happy little face all lit up with pure happiness with max all over her

""What?" I asked confused "That smile" Ed smiled looking at Jem's happy little face all lit up with pure happiness with max all over her

"It's decision time mate. If you can't accept this then nows the time to say, before it goes any further. We need to have the difficult conversations about the consequences that decision carries. Either way, what ever you decide."
"I know" I sighed "God I know, they're already getting serious, he's going at a hundred miles an hour as per usual despite me telling him to take it slow! I mean he's taken her to his ADHD appointment! He won't even talk about them. Jackie is gonna be so pissed when she finds out he took her, she was livid when he turned eighteen and said she couldn't go with him any more."
"He's an adult, he's not a boy anymore Matt, he's a man. It's about time we started treating him like one, like we do Tom here." Ed patted a smirking toms back

"But he's so immature. I'm not sure if I should be more or less concerned at the fact I haven't found any contraception in his room! Not one!"
"He knows you do this shit dude, he's not going to leave them out for you to find is he. His immaturity comes from his ADHD which he can't help, it's just his character, he's carefree and he's always going to be the way he is, hyperactive, goofy, playful, but he's also caring, sweet and sensitive, you know he is, always has been. He's never going to be mr sensible is he. besides, since Em arrived he's really stepped up, budding relationship aside he's been there for her and you. I'm not sure she would have made it this far without him. Even though he must have been dying inside knowing he could never be with her and she had that posh boy all over her, he was still there, helping her. yes he still watches cartoons and likes skateboarding and he reads comics but that's just him and she loves him. We love him and you bloody love him too, as he is, we helped raise that little goofball on the road Matt and you know that too, you stubborn mule." Ed gave me one of his talks.

"How big do you think his dick is?" I asked randomly "I mean it's....above average, but he's not hung like a fucking donkey is he.....but what if..."
"Matty just don't think about it bro" Tom laughed "grosses me out too, it's not just you. I just don't think about it."
"It's all I can think about! Ugh he's just such an eager beaver! What if he's hurting her and she just doesn't want to say anything because of her issues! She still has issues even if the family therapy sessions are coming to an end. We haven't even touched on the sexual abuse not really, it's skimmed over. A little with the food avoidance, but not the....more serious stuff. At least with William I knew he was a mild mannered mummy's boy that wouldn't say boo to a goose, max,  he's impulsive, if he gets caught up in the moment all bets are off, we all know that, he's so bloody clumsy and full on and..."
"Matt he's worried she's more experienced than he is, I don't think you need to worry about that stuff, he treats her like she's made of bloody glass, even more than you."
"He does doesn't he."I smiled "he's a little controlling though and possessive. I don't like it. If it was anyone else, if it was William I'd be sticking my boot up his arse."
"Look in a mirror mate" milo scoffed at me "you literally need to know where she is at all times. You put a tracking app on her phone!"