5. Terrible judge of character

Jemima

After throwing up again, I was sure I had nothing left to actually throw up anymore I made my way back to my bedroom where peter called me, we had a mini argument in Spanish, he was wound up at me for not telling him about William and I didn't want bimbo to be nosying in on my conversation, I didn't trust her in the slightest and I didn't want max over hearing. Peter finally calmed down and forgave me but insisted he wanted to talk to Matty to make sure I wasn't lying about being fine. After protesting in vain I trudged stompingly down the stairs to the group, still complaining to peter in Spanish about how annoying he was being.

I stomped in asking Matty to speak to peter, I then realised I hadn't switched back to english. I shook my head at a very confused looking Matty repeating myself in English. "Matty? Sorry it's peter, he wants to talk to you."
"Me?" matty asked confused, I nodded offering up my phone
"not in here please matty, he wants a private conversation. In English obviously he knows you don't speak Spanish." I asked him looking at candy, he nodded taking the phone into the garden returning a short time later handing me my phone back telling me he'd sorted it. The rest of them looked at Matty and he gave a subtle shake of the head to tell them not to ask in present company, which I was thankful for. I stood in the doorway awkwardly listening to the random conversation until lunch was mentioned, I turned around to leave but Matty called me back in.

"Jem, lunch!" He told me sternly, I looked at candy who was now staring at me, Matty pulled me by the hand to the kitchen sitting me on a stool. Ed whispered in Matty's ear, presumably telling him I had thrown up again by the look on Matty's face. I sat looking at my lap fiddling with my fingers, max sat next to me putting his hands on mine attentively, I pulled them away sharply.
"Don't touch me, you fucking man whore!" I hissed quietly in his direction. "You don't get to fucking touch me anymore you fucking bastard! Ever! Never again. keep your grubby hands to yourself or I'll tell Matty everything!"
"Emmy please I...."
"Maxey?" Candy cooed at him stroking the hair on the back of his neck, making my fists clench, my fingernails drawing blood from my palms when I dug them in deeply. max saw and tried to hold them again to calm me and stop me from digging my nails into my skin. I pulled my arms up sharply revealing my bandage, Max's eyes became worried and I looked down quickly covering it back up.
"Last warning, don't touch me, you make my skin crawl." I asked him sadly

"Maxey?" Candy cooed again this time more demanding, making him sigh and glare at Ed and Laura.
"What!" He snapped at candy swatting her hand away from his neck like it was an annoying fly, making me visibly jump and flinch my hands instinctively to my ears, which I tried to disguise by fiddling with my hair.
"Max! Watch your tone!" Tom warned him nodding towards me "she's not coping today mate, Matty said the PTSD is flaring up big time for some reason, your girlfriends already not helping mate, she shouldn't even bloody be here, neither of them!" he whispered walking past him, max looked at me worriedly as I squirmed in my seat trying to look anywhere but at him. Girlfriend, Tom called her his girlfriend, I was clearly right all along.
"Emmy, she's not my...."
"Shut up you lying bastard" I snapped trying my best not to burst into tears

Milo set up lunch for everyone, he had become quite the little chef since we'd been back from tour. He'd prepared a picnic style lunch clearly knowing Laura and candy were coming over, it was just one lie after another, trying to force me to be here. Ed just lied to my face that it was last minute. Trying to manipulate me into forgiving him and bloody worked. Everyone got stuck in piling their plates with food and tucking in, I waited for them to finish and then slowly pulled an empty plate in front of me, trying not to be noticed. I looked over the food choices chewing at my fingers still feeling nauseous, I took two carrot batons, a baby tomato, a small cube of cheese and a slice of apple putting them on my plate. I observed my plate that looked huge with the pitiful amount of food making it look even larger.