42. The Break up

Matty

We watched Jem give out an evil laugh, grabbing Laura's hand to pull her upstairs taking Milo's phone with her.
"Wait where we going? what we doing?" Laura protested
"Jemima Miller, don't go any further, well done for stopping your protective impulses, don't ruin it even more by doing something else. You shouldn't have...." I started to rant watching Jem whisper in Laura's ear.
"No! no no no I can't possibly do that!" Laura giggled "can we? Would she fall for it?"
"I'm really good. Milo she heard me speak spanish before?"
"No and she don't know you do or about Peter. Why?"
"I don't know what you mean you handsome stallion" Jem put on her perfect spanish accent
"Oi!" Max shoved Milo's shoulder "Emmy what the hell baby!"
"I am not Jemima I am......Gabriella." She flamboyantly flicked her hair still doing the accent
"Sis I love you to pieces, but her thinking I'm cheating on her with some chick named Gabriella isn't going to help."
"What's my Mrs got to do with this plan?" Ed asked and Laura giggled

"I can't do an accent though she'll know it's me"
"No she won't" Jem strode over tackling milos T-shirt of him "you're a rock star baby. Unless max wants to be milo?"
"Me?"
"Not sure me riding Milo's going to go down to well, even if it's fake"
"No! No no no absolutely not, Emmy, stop!" Max snatched the shirt "what you doing?"
"Looking after my brother! She hurt him! She needs to be punished,"
"You peed on her damn expensive shoes!" I protested
"Not got the right anatomy" she patted my chest "physically impossible for it to have been me."
"Okay sis sit down and keep calm. Levi come boy." I called him over patting Jem's knees to indicate to jump up "good boy."

"Sis, thank you. I love you. I'm sorry I messed up. You can stop now." Milo said calmly
"Can I piss her off just a little bit?"
"I think when she sees her fancy sports car she's gonna be pissed enough." Milo laughed rubbing her cheek.
"But...oooo ......Ugh....oooo." Jem flustered gripping her hair
"Baby it's okay. Milo's okay. We're all okay. Stay calm baby." Max rubbed the back of her head
"She needs to be punished! She's a bad girl!" Jem angrily gripped her hair, Levi jumping up on her, max trying to grip her arms
"Emmy, you're safe, Milo's safe. Shush baby I got you, let go, that's it, shush."
"Jem, we love you but enough now. Everything's going to be alright, Milo's not seeing her again. It's over."
"I'm so sorry Em, I really had no idea she was like that. You wanna get the disco lights out? Huh?" Milo tried to distract her. "Hey I'll let you be my wing man next time."
"I don't feel well" she whispered turning away from us and into max who took her up to their room with Levi.

"You alright mate?" I asked a crying milo, who had clearly been keeping it together for Jem "at least you found out now eh? Three months is nothing mate. Sorry."
"It's not that. I wasn't lying Matty, I hadn't fallen for her yet but I thought I might. I can't believe I didn't know. How much damage have I done Matty?" Milo cried into his hands
"She'll be fine."
"What was in that tape?" He dried his eyes looking at us
"I'm taking you tomorrow to get checked out." I patted his knee
"She's saying it's some club she belongs to." Milo tapped his phone in his hand "she's been trying to get me to go to it! I thought it was just a social club thing. She says it's not cheating because it's a hobby! Crazy bitch."
"Milo if you didn't know about it and agree to it, then it's cheating" Laura sat next to him, comforting him

"Is there anything else I should know?" Milo looked her in the eyes, she shifted uncomfortably looking at me
"She had a go at Jem last week. She was really upset. She didn't think you'd believe her. She called me fat the other day."
"Don't listen to her babe, you know I love those curves, you're not fat, far from it" Ed scoffed making her smile "what she say to Em? Something we should know?"
"Just general bitchiness."
"She said in the car and her saying she weren't your sister really upset her. Today wasn't the first time she's said it in front of her apparently." I told milo who scowled
"She always says that, she's not my sister, we're too close. Maybe she's jealous. I don't know. It was the one thing putting me off. Oh well. Right got to repair the damage with Em. She's been doing so good. I'm so sorry Matty."