Chapter7:DAY-26

29/6/2018

FRIDAY

JANA

I'm so happy that it's the Arts Festival at school. It's been two weeks since I have seen Ryan. We are at the same school, but I don't get to see him every day as I thought I could. He is my senior, so his classes are in another building and I can't go in that building because I have no legitimate reason to. So today, I have a chance to see him as we can roam around the school without making any excuses and that's the actual reason for my happiness.

When I reached my class, mostly everyone was there except Noah and Serah. Serah left the class for an oil painting competition, I want to go there because I know that Ryan would be there. But I and Harry stayed back ti wait for Noah. Finally, after thirty minutes or so, Noah finally showed up at the door.
As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, Ms. Susan cut him off by saying "Go and meet the principal" that's the only thing she wanted to say and there is no more warning. Noah just looks at us apologetically before walking off.

Harry turns to me, "This is going to take some time,"

I sigh, "Let's go then,"

Harry and I walk to the main hall on the top of the school building where Serah's competition is taking place. We quickly found Serah through the glass wall, but I was struggling to find Ryan. At first, I glanced around the hallway, then searched him in each row but still couldn't find him. So, I assume he will be at the end of the hall where I can't see anyone.

After sometime, the competition got over. Serah walked outside the hall and waved us over.

"How was it?" I ask.

"Good, " she replied, wrapping her hand over my shoulder.

"What was the theme?" Harry asked while I was looking at the doorway to see if Ryan is exiting the hallway.

"Relationship!"

"So you painted Antony?!" Harry asked teasingly. That was more like an answer than the question, Serah glares at him while me and Harry laugh.

"It can be any kind of relationship," she says, rolling her eyes.

"Admit it, you painted Antony!" he taunts, just to make fun of her.

"No, " she groans.
My eyes were still glued to the doorway waiting for Ryan and just then he had exited the hallway and saw me.OMG! What should I do now? Will he think that I was waiting for him? Do I have to look away or walk away? I'm pretty confused whenever he is around, I start overthinking for no reason and I can't be myself.

"Jana!" Serah calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. She is standing there with her hands on the hip, wondering why I'm still standing there and that's when I realized they are a few feet away from me.

"Coming!" I run up to them to catch up. They continue on with their conversation. Thank god! I'm glad they didn't bother to ask me what I was doing there. Still walking with them, my mind wanders back to Ryan. Is he still standing over there or is he following me or whatever?

I gather the courage to turn back, I see him walking towards the opposite side, I frown. I'm not happy with him walking away, because I thought either he will follow me or stand there looking at me.
And why do I think he will notice me? Was it just because he offered me an umbrella? Yes, that actually happened today morning. It was heavily raining this morning. By the time i got down at the bus bay, I realize that I forgot to take my umbrella. I didn't want to get wet, so I stood there hoping for someone to pass by. And fortunately, that someone was Ryan, which was unexpected. He offered me his umbrella and went along with his friend. When I reached school, I thank him expecting him to start conversation, but he didn't.