Chapter32:DAY-184

03/12/18

MONDAY

NOAH

I get off the bus and start walking to school. "Hey Noah!" I turn around, seeing Lyra walking towards me. I stop, allowing her to catch up. "You are early today."

I smile, "Yeah, I love the morning during this time of the month."

"Same here," she says, nodding in agreement.

We continue the walk to the school. Lyra glances at me every now and then. I wonder what's on her mind. She is acting a little weird. "So, what are your plans for Christmas?" Lyra asks, finally breaking the silence.

"I'm going to Serah's place for Christmas eve," I inform.

Her smile fades away, "Oh," she mutters.

Noticing the change in her expression, I look at her curiously. "You okay?"

"I'm good," she shrugs off, giving me a weak smile.

"No, you are not. Tell me what's wrong."

"I just thought..." she trails off and let out a sigh. "I wanted you to come over to my place."

I look at her for a second before letting my gaze drop to ground. I didn't know she wanted to make plans with me. I look back up at her, I can't leave her unhappy, she is my friend now. "You can join us," I invites her.

Quickly shaking her head, Lyra declines her offer. "No, it's fine!" "Lyra-"
"Serah doesn't like me," she replies without looking at me.

"She is my best friend. I can invite anyone," I affirm.

"Anyone except me," she mumbles.

I try eyeing her down, but she avoids eye contact. "You are coming with me. Okay?" I insist.

She groans, "No, Noah! You enjoy with your friends! I don't want to ruin anything, " she tries to deny my invitation.

"But I want you to come."

She stares at me, trying to figure out if I'm telling the truth. "You wanted to spend time with me?" I nod. Lyra contemplates over the decision. "Well, I will come," she finally agrees. "Thanks for inviting," she smiles happily.

I grin, "I guess I'm bringing back the broken pieces of your heart back together." The day she told me that I broke her heart made me feel regret and sadness, but I'm going to try to fix that .

She chuckles, "Yeah, you are."

*********

I walk into the class, immediately noticing Serah, Jana, and Harry in a deep discussion. I head to my place and sits next to Harry. "What's the discussion about?" I ask turning around, facing the girls.

"Christmas eve planning!" Serah yells excitedly.

"Oh nice," I reply. "I invited Lyra by the way."

"What?" Serah asks, in shock.

Looking at her weirdly, I repeat myself. "I said I invited Lyra."

Serah groans, "This party is only for my friends and people I like. Not for everyone on Earth!"

"Serah!" I scorn, as she glares at me. "Lyra asked me to come over to her place for Christmas Eve, but since I'm celebrating with you guys, I asked her out and invited her to come with me." I look at my phone and hear the three of them shuffling around in their seat. I look up to see them staring at me in shock. I glance at them in confusion until I realize what I just said. "Guys, it's not like that!" I exclaim, instantly denying it. "I invited her as a friend not as my date."