Chapter45:DAY-304

02/04/19

TUESDAY

NOAH

I pull in my car outside The Big Bang Hotel where Jenny's staying. I check my watch, it's 3.20 P.M. I was 10 minutes early. I take out my phone from my pocket and call Jenny. She answers within a ring. "Hey, Jenny. I'm here," I inform.

"I will be there in 5 minutes," she replies. I can feel the excitement in her voice.

"Alright! I will wait," I say and hang up.

I get out of the car, closing the door slowly. I lean on the door with my arms crossed as I wait for her. Within 5 minutes she comes down to the lobby and waves me with a wide smile. She is looking pretty in her blue dress, a bag slung over her shoulder and camera in one hand. She quickly runs down the steps to me and once she's closer she quickly hugs me. "Morning, Noah." I can tell from her face that she has been waiting for this day...

I smile back, "Morning, Jenny."

We both quickly get into the car and buckles the seatbelt. "Where are we going first?" She asks excitedly like a kid.

"La place des amourex," I reply in a fake French accent.

She chuckles, "The love locks."

*********

We reach the place soon since I know the route by heart. We get off the car and she slips her hand in mine, looking at me in a shy smile and we walk down the street. She still thinks we are the same old couples, but... My mind wanders to the day we came here for the first time. We were walking hand-in-hand aimlessly around the corners until we find the fence with love locks. "We are here!" Jenny announces, stopping in front of the long fence covered with many other love locks. It looks the same as then...

We take a few steps forward, getting closer to it. "It's not easy to find ours," I say. She nods, but still, keeps looking among them. Once we found the place Jenny quickly takes out the lock and we kissed before locking it together among thousand other locks.

"Hey," Jenny snaps me from my thoughts. Jenny holds up her camera and takes the picture of the locks and us. "Noah, have you ever thought about the love stories behind these locks?" She asks.

I shake my head, I never did that. My mind wanders to Jana. She and Ryan have been one among them...

"Thousands of moments... memories... some of them still in love... some of them not anymore in love... million different stories," she stops.

One among them is us, who were in love back then... but not anymore. I want to tell her... but not now.

*********

I stop my car at the graffiti café parking and we get out. We run down the steps to the underground café. We look at the wall from a distance, it looks quite different. Graphics and paint all over the café. "I wish if our names are still on the walls," Jenny says with hope.

"I hope too..."

We walk across the café to the right wall where we have sprayed our names. We look at it for a while to find our names. "It's here!" Jenny exclaims pointing at our names on the wall, a few feet away from me. I walk over to her to see our names in faded white paint. It isn't covered up within other designs.

"It's still here!" I smile at her.

"I just feel like all this happened yesterday..." She says as she clicks the pictures of the wall as well as me while we talk. I scan the wall to find familiar names. I stare at it for a moment. Ryan and Jana were here...