Chapter26:DAY-155

05/11/18

MONDAY

NOAH

Around midnight, Serah, Harry, and Jana barged into my bedroom carrying lots of white balloons. "Happy birthday Noah!" They shout excitedly.

I jump up in shock. I sigh, knowing it was only them.  I laugh and let them in. "Thank you, guys,"

Serah walks over to my bed. "You are welcome birthday boy."

"You guys didn't get any idea other than barging into my room at 12 for the last 5 years? " I asked, laughing wholeheartedly. This is what Serah and Harry did all these years, so I was actually waiting for them.

Jana stares at Serah and Harry, "You guys have been doing the same thing for the past few years?"

They look at each other sheepishly. "Okay, look," Serah started speaking, "We didn't do the same thing every year."

"Oh, right! They will barge into my room, for sure, but they will decorate either on the terrace, the hall or some other part of my house, so it's not the same," I smirk, teasingly.

Jana looks at them in surpriseand giggles, "Seriously?"

Serah rolls her eyes, "You know, Harry is stupid. Nothing comes out of his head!" Serah says, mocking him.

"Serah, what about you? Nothing comes out of your stupid head, either!" Harry retaliates.

"Guys, it's fine!" I say, calming down. "This is more than enough," I said with a smile. I think about how I celebrated my birthday's past age 14. My parents separated, so the only celebration I ever got was arranged by Harry and Serah. They are the ones who make every birthday special, even though with their the same stupid ideas.

"Wait, birthday boy!" Serah exclaims, snapping me back to reality. "Did you forget that we got Jana in the team?" Without giving a break to answer she continued, "Jana got some ideas, so come with us now."

"Where?" I ask. Did Jana want to make my birthday special? What's on her mind? I'm happy that she wanted to make my day extra special.

"That's called surprise, man," Harry pesters, standing up to leave and we follow him.

***********

After 15 minutes, Harry pulls the car into the parking lot. When we get out of the car, Serah ties a cloth around my eyes. So there is something very special about the place we are going. I'm excited to see what they had arranged for me. I'm much happier that it is done by Jana.

After sometime, we stop walking. "Three, two, one, go!" Harry shouts, untying the cloth. "Happy birthday Noah" they yell loudly.

I stare in astonishment as I stand in front of a big tent with white balloons with pictures attached to each balloon. There is also a red velvet cake in the middle on a stand. This is so lovely, I have never expected this. Jana got a great idea and she made me happy.

I turned to them, barely able to say anything. "West Woods?" I ask. Harry grins while nodding vigorously. "How do you know that I wanted to come here?" I ask. I always wanted to come here with these guys and camp, but I don't think I have ever told them.

"You mentioned it once," Jana replied. She remembers the silly thing I told her.

"Come in, birthday boy," Serah said, inviting me in. I look around the tent once we got in. They have decorated it very beautifully. I look at each photo of all of us together, most of them captured by Jenny. When I was looking at the photos, Serah tugs my arm. "It's time to cut the cake."

"Wait, wait, wait..." Jana said, stopping us from moving any further.

"What?" Harry asks.

"I want to capture this moment," Jana replied with a cute smile on her face. She pulls Jenny's camera out of her bag. When she noticed the confused look on my face, she started apologizing. "I'm sorry. I took it from your room without asking." A nervousness covers her smiling face instantly, maybe thinking that I will be angry at her.

"I would love to thank you for that." I reply. She let out a sigh of relief, smiling happily again.

After taking the picture, we went to the birthday cake. I blow the candle after they sang the birthday song and I cut the cake.

When the celebration was over, we sat on a wooden bench outside. Jana sat next to me, enjoying the night. The cool wind gently breezes through Jana's hair and she tucked it behind her ear. "Love you guys. Thank you for always  being with me." I say, I know just thanking is not enough for their love.

"Being dramatic doesn't really suit you," Serah said.

Jana nods, "Yeah, I love the smiling Noah." I freeze staring at her again. She said she loves me, right? Oh god! A smile creeps on my face. "I mean..." she stammers. "Everyone loves smiling Noah." She looks into my eyes, her eyes sparkles, I love the way she look into my eyes. It makes me forget everything happening around me, taking me to another world.

I snap out of my daze when Harry and Serah bursts into laughs. "Look at Jana's expression," Harry cackles while Jana blushes.

Serah wraps her arm around me, "Dont worry. We all love Noah and he loves us  back."

After talking for some time, the girls go to the tent next to us to sleep and we both went to ours.

***********

I got a call from Harry, asking me to get ready for my birthday party at 10 P.M. I look in the mirror, fixing my white shirt and gray pants. Before leaving my room, I grab my small gift for Jana and look at it for a moment- It's a chain with an envelope pendant and a short note inside it. I hope she will come to know my feelings after reading it.

I drive myself to the Royal Garden, where the party is going to be. I admire the garden as I walk around. Golden lights hung on the trees and bushes, drinks and snacks set up on one side, and a small stage decorated with flowers in the middle. Almost everyone from our class is here, but I'm looking for my girl.

"Hey, Noah," Lyra said, walking over to me. "Happy birthday!" She hands me a box, "Here is your birthday gift."

I smile, "Thank you."

"Are you planning to open my gift?" she asked out of anticipation. I nod, opening the wrapper. I lift the lid of the box to reveal a glass frame with a picture of us and a music template. I scanned the picture and the song 'Never mine' played. I know why she chose this song and I can understand the pain in her eyes behind her smiling face. How long can she love me even after knowing that I can't? "Did you like it?" She asked softly.

"I loved it," I reply.

"Tomorrow is Jana's birthday. Right?" She asks and I nod in reply. "Any special gift for her?" When I nodded, she remained silent. We stay quiet for a moment before hearing Serah yell my name.

"It's time to cut the cake!" She shouts from a distance. I walk over to them and get on the stage.

I notice Jana there in a white dress, prettier than ever. She holds Jenny's camera, "Smile!" I pose as she takes the  picture. "You look so handsome!" she compliments with a big smile. "Another picture!" She says holding up the camera again.

"Together?" I ask.

"Sure," she says, handing the camera to Harry. Jana stands closer to me, tucking her hair behind the ear, before wrapping my hands around her. She glances at me and Harry clicks at the moment.

"Perfect!" he exclaims.

"Welcome boys and girls," Sandy invite everyone to the cake cutting ceremony, everyone sings "Happy birthday Noah..." I blow and cut the cake.

"It's 12!" Serah announces.