Chapter30:DAY-168

17/11/18

SATURDAY

NOAH

I stick the pictures I took on the tour in a scrapbook just like the way Jenny used to do, keeping memories forever. My mind wanders to the day I shouted at my friends that I need Jenny back. I just shouted out of pain. Jenny couldn't be my girlfriend anymore. Because now I know who is the one. I want to see Jenny, only to ask why she wanted to end our relationship.

The doorbell rings, disturbing my thoughts. I walk downstairs to get the door. I open the door to see Jana. I stand there, staring at her without making any moves.

"Hey, Noah," she said, waving her hands in front of my eyes.

"Why you are here?" I ask. I instantly regret asking as her smile drops to a frown.

"You told me I'm always welcome here," I nod, thinking of the day she came here for the first time.

I clear my throat and fully open the door. "Sorry," I apologize. "Come on in," I invite her in. She walks in and closes the door behind. We walk down the hall, going to the living room. "Please sit." An awkward silence fills the air. "I will get you coffee." I quickly walk out of the room and walk into the kitchen. Why is she here?

After making Jana's drink, I walk back to the living room to see Jana nowhere to be found. "Jana?" I call out as I start walking around.

"I'm in your room!" she shouts. What is she doing in my room?

I jog upstairs and walk into my room to see Hazel in Jana's arms. "I'm sorry for getting into your room without asking, I was looking for Hazel then-" she rambles.

"It's okay," I say, cutting her off. She puts Hazel down and takes the coffee from my hands. She sit on my bed while I sit on the chair, facing her.

I have never been in a state of confusion to initiate a conversation, but now I'm. I don't know what I should begin with.

"Tour scrapbook?" she asks, breaking the ice, looking at the book lying on my bed.

"Yeah,"

"Can I have a look at it?"

"Sure," I'm quite new to one-word answering, but there is nothing I could speak about.

She opened it and surprised to see her picture at first, which I captured on the bus when she was enjoying the beauty of the night sky and her hair blowing in the wind. And it is written next to it as 'It's time to make moments'. She didn't ask anything, nor looked at me, but just turns the pages to see all the pictures while sipping coffee.

She closes the book finally and looks at me, "I'm sorry Noah," she looks into my eyes but I look away. I can't look at her after knowing she doesn't have feelings for me. But after a second I look back, she pleasingly looks at me, "I didn't know that you loved me," she stops. "After getting to know about your story I wanted you to get another girl, but I didn't know that you will choose me."

I take a deep breath and replies, "It took time for me to realize that you are the one for me"

"No," she quickly rejects, "I'm not," she replies looking down.

"Jana" I call her softly.

"Noah, please" She didn't even let me continue.

"I can never be your girl. I know it's hard for you, but please try to understand," she tries to convince me and I remain silent because that's what I can do.

"It took a very long time for your friends to get back the old Noah. Now I don't want to be the reason for your another breakdown" she says calmly.