Chapter14:DAY-58

31/07/18

TUESDAY

NOAH

I was late as usual, but it wasn't  because of the book this time - I dropped that habit a whileago. I just couldn't sleep at a normal time since I'm used to sleeping at 3 or 4 in the morning. I know I'm responsible to be on time as the sports rep, but it's difficult.

As I walk to the nearby bus bay,  I notice a few  seniors from a distance. I'm not surprised to see them because they used to be late most of the day like me. But I got surprised when I notice Jana. She occasionally glances at her watch while waiting for the bus, but she hasn't noticed me yet.

"Hey," I say, grabbing her attention.

She turns around, surprised to see me, "Oh, hey Noah."

"Why you are late?" I ask.

"I woke up late," I raise my brows, thinking she was mocking me.

When she noticed my startled look, she quickly shakes her head, "Oh no, I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I seriously didn't wake on time and I had to go to the store," I nodded to show her I understood.

After a few momentsof silence,  Jana asks me, "Didn't you get your final warning?"

"Yeah, I'm screwed today. As a sports rep I can't be late for no reason," I say to myself for the 10th time the day.

She checks her watch again, "Well, we got 10 minutes. If you can get to class before Ms. Susan, you are safe."

"Yeah, let me look for a taxi, I don't think there will be any bus at this time," I reply looking around. Unfortunately, there is not even one taxi passing by. I groan, "We are going to be late."

One of the seniors managed to get a taxi and called me, "Hey Noah! Come join us!" I was going to take Jana with me, but there is only one seat left.

"You can go," She assures with a smile.

"Coming?" Senior asked me in a hurry.

"Noah, you can go," she said once again.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "You will be alone." Being late for the first time isn't a big deal, but I don't want to leave her alone.

"It's fine, I can manage. You just go with them," she compelled me to go along with them.

I look at them, "Guys, you can go,"

"Noah!" She scolds. "You could have" "It's okay," I cut her off. "I'm staying with you." She sighs, dropping the conversation as there is no point in arguing since they left.

After 10 minutes, the bus finally arrived and we reach school. We are too late, on the way to class I start  thinking of some new excuses I can tell Ms. Susan.

As we near the room, we can hear loud noises coming from our class which is impossible if Ms. Susan is there.

When Jana and I reaches the door, Serah yells, "Both of you go and meet the Principal!" The whole class burst into laughter while Jana and I glance at each other awkwardly.

"Come in guys," Harry says with a grin. "Ms. Susan is on leave today," I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god!

Jana laughs, "You got lucky today, Noah."

When I sat down at my desk, I turn to face Serah and Jana. Serah glances between me and Jana, "Why you are late?"

" I woke up late and I had to get textbooks," Jana answers carefully.