Chapter42:DAY-266

23/02/18

FRIDAY

NOAH

"Today is the final day of your 11th grade," Ms. Susan announces with a wide smile. She's probably happy that she doesn't have to put up with us for another year. "You will be coming to school after two weeks for your final exams," she informs and leaves as soon as the bell rings, indicating the end of the day.

I turn around to face the girls, "I can't believe it's the end of the 11th..." I trail off, looking at Jana. This year was special... every moment I spend with her is special... "Time passes so quickly."

"I still remember the first day a cute girl joined us," Serah grins at Jana. Jana blushes and looks up to me, into my eyes. The way she looks at me makes me believe that there is a part of Jana that still loves me... more than a friend...

"And I still remember someone flirting with her," Harry says, mocking me. I roll my eyes at him. He's mocking me as if he never flirts. I never thought that on the first day that I will fall for Jana... but I did... and it had to end. I clearly remember how I flirted with her and made her blush.

"I'm happy that I got the best friends and best moments," Jana smiles at us gratefully.

"It was my best year too..." Harry pauses. "I found my girl," he says dramatically. He found his girl... I did too... but it was different... I couldn't be with the one I love... both times...

"Two or three, Harry?" Jana quickly asks, making fun of him.

Harry grins shyly, "Just two."

Lyra and Alex join us shortly, getting into the conversation. "This year is very special for me too. Serah finally accepted me," Alex says, wrapping his hand around Serah's. I'm glad she accepted Alex, at least they are together.

I notice Lyra, she isn't happy. This year wasn't the best for her, nor me. We both couldn't be with the person we love. I hope she will find someone soon...

"Any plans for the last day?" Serah asks excitedly.

"We are on a movie date," Alex replies.

Serah looks at him in surprise. "When did we come up with the plan?"

He winks at her naughtily, "I was planning to ask you this evening."

"Okay..." Serah nods. "So, you guys have fun."

"I have plans with Juliet. So I'm out," Harry says.

"I don't have any plans," Jana says, glancing between me and Lyra.

Lyra shrugs, "Neither do I."

"So, it's just the three of us," I say. "Let's just go to memories for the final wrap-up," I suggest and they agree quickly.

*********

We three walk into the café, but something caught my eyes quickly. Isn't it... It's the birthday board I'm staring at. The café puts up the photo and the name of their regular customers on this board on their birthdays. It's the picture of me and Jenny in this café, smiling at each other. I still remember the moments clearly... How could I forget Jenny's birthday? It was even mentioned in the letter... Did I...

Jana tugs on my arm, "Noah?" She calls, snapping me back to reality.

"Yeah...?" I can't believe I forgot her birthday...

Jana looks in the direction I was staring and walks closer to the board. "Is it Jenny's birthday today?" She asks, surprised.

I nod, "I forgot!" How could I?