Chapter24:DAY-139

20/10/18
SATURDAY

JANA

"Wake up Jana," Serah shouts. I slowly open my eyes after a long night's sleep.

"Good morning! Wait, I mean bad morning Jana," she grins.

"How do you know that?"I ask groggily, still trying to wake up.

"Sandy texted me," Serah replied. I stay under the covers, not wanting to get out of the bed.

We arrived at the Hill Top Resort after midnight. Once we got into the room, I immediately got into bed and dozed off. I'm not sure about Serah, though. I didn't check up on her because I was too tired after the long traveling.

"There is something I need to tell you," she said. "I got one more letter yesterday."

I quickly sat up on the bed. "Where?" How come I didn't know about it?

"I found it in my seat when we got back from Cathels waterfalls. I kept it in my bag since Harry was with me," she responded. "I guess Ryan thought we are sitting together." She takes out the letter out of her bag and opens it up to read it. "I love you, Jana."

At first, I thought that was the actual message untilI saw her teasing smile on her face. "You liar!" I yell, making her laugh. "Give me the letter." I glare at her as she hands me the letter.

Wait for the surprise!

I gasp, mumbling under my breath, Proposal!"

"What if there is something more than that?" Serah asked.

I look at her in bewilderment, "What more?" I asked her as nothing other than the idea of the proposal came into my mind.

She shrugs, "Could be a promise ring."

"Oh Serah, please. You know right, I imagine a lot. Please don't get me my hopes too high. I don't want to be disappointed, " I beg. She nods understandingly and starts getting ready.

***********

I look in the mirror, staring at my dark blue jumpsuit. And then I look at Sarah, she is in her tomboy clothes. We both go down to meet Noah and Harry. We eat our breakfast together and quickly get onto the bus. This time, I sat with Serah, waiting for the surprise at any moment.

When get off the bus to go to the Bird sanctuary. I glance at Ryan in the distance. He's wearing a black full sleeve t-shirt with jeans. I sigh, admiring how good he looks in black. Plus, black is my favorite color. Does he know that?

"Attention boys and girls!" Ms. Susan shouts, stopping me from staring too long at Ryan. "You have 2 hours to spend in the bird sanctuary. Be back at this spot at noon!" With that, she let us go. All the students scatter around, excited to look around.

"Hey guys!" Ryan greets us with a wave.

"Morning Ryan!" Noah says enthusiastically.

"C'mon guys!" Harry says impatiently. "Let's go in!"

"I need a coffee first," Ryan announced. "Anyone want to join?"

"Jana told me this morning that she needed coffee, "Serah said, winking at me. I look at her and smiles, mentally appreciating how well she lied. She knows that I love coffee, but I never mentioned this morning. Good move Serah, I mentally thanked her for leaving us alone.

"Yeah," I reply, confirming what Serah said.

Ryan nods, "You guys go. We will catch up." We leave to grab a coffee from the nearby stall. We chat a bit, but nothing too important. After the coffee, we headed to the sanctuary. "You look pretty," Ryan complimented and I just smiled but I wanted to say that he looks so hot but I resisted myself fromdoing so.