Chapter33:DAY-195

14/12/18

FRIDAY

JANA

I woke up as soon as dad called me, which is pretty unusual for me. It always takes a while for my dad to get me out of bed. But I have been excited these past few days. There is this Christmas celebration at school and I'm really looking forward to it.

I changed into my sky blue dress Sandy picked out for me and do a little make-up. I look in the mirror, making sure everything looks good.

Mom soon opens my door, letting herself in. She looks down at my outfit and give me a soft smile. "You look beautiful," she compliments.

I smile gratefully, "Thank you."

"By the way, there's a car in our driveway," mom says. "Is someone giving you a ride?"

I look at her in confusion. "I didn't ask anyone. I thought dad was dropping me off."

I immediately walk to the window to look outside. I gasp after seeing Ryan's car parked in our driveway. Why I he here? I didn't tell him to pick me up. My phone, placed on my bedside table, dinged. I quickly grab it and unlock it to see a text from Ryan.

RYAN: I'm here to pick you 😊

I smile down at my phone. Is there any surprise? Nibbling on my bottom lip, I look up and notice my mom standing there for my reply. Oops! I forgot she was here. "Oh," I stammer. "Yeah, someone is here to pick me up."

She shrugs, "Okay." With that, she leaves me alone and I look back in the mirror. I pat myself down, fixing any small wrinkles on my dress.

I walk down the stairs, looking around to find my dad. "You ready to go?" I turn the side, facing dad.

"Yeah, but I'm riding with Ryan today," I say.

Dad nods, "Okay." I bid mom and dad goodbye and walk out to the driveway.

I walk up to Ryan's car. He unlocks the door, letting me slide into the passenger seat. He gives me a warm smile, "Morning Jana."

A shy smile presents on my face, "Morning." I eye him down, taking his fit for the day. He looks so good in his denim jacket. I clear my throat. I really have to focus. "What's the purpose behind this Mr. BTB?"I ask skeptically.

"Nothing!" He exclaims, raising his hands up defensively. "I just thought I will pick my girlfriend today." I blush at his words. "Isn't that okay?" He asks.

"It's okay," I mutter. I'm happy to be with him every moment.

He turns on the engine and starts driving. I turn on the radio, letting the music fill the silence. 'You are the one for me' starts playing. "Hey, this song..." he trails off, furrowing his brows, trying to remember the name.

"The one we all danced at your party," I say quitely, reminiscing over the memory.

"Oh, yeah!" I never got a chance to dance with you," he pouts.

I take his hand in mine, "I will dance with you on Christmas Eve. I promise. "

He glances at me for a quick second, "Wow, I'm excited." He grins, "And what about our deal?"

I giggle, "The deal's over."

He let out a low chuckle, "It actually isn't, but okay. I will make another deal later," he looks at me again and winks naughtily.

**********

After 10 minutes of driving, we finally reach the school. We get out of the car, Ryan jogs over to me and grab my hand. He starts walking, pulling me with him. I don't want to ruin this moment, so I don't pull my hand away. I'm sure that Noah won't be at school this early.