Chapter39:DAY-241

29/01/19

TUESDAY

NOAH

Midnight finally hits. While sitting in the car, I quickly pull my phone out of my pocket, dialing Serah's number. I put the call on speaker as it rings so Harry can hear our conversation. After three rings she finally picks up. "Happy birthday Serah!" Harry and I cheer loudly.

She laughs, "Thank you!"

Harry leans in, "Who wished you first?"

"Jana," she replies happily.

"Alex didn't?" I ask. This is all part of our plan.

Serah lets out a sigh, "Not yet."

"Dude, don't you remember that I told Alex that Serah's birthday is on the 30th ?" Harry says in a low voice, but loud enough for Serah to hear him.

"Harry, what did you say?" Serah's voice is filled with doubt and worry.

"Nothing, Serah," he quickly responds.

She groans loudly as I hold back my laughter."I heard you! I know you are lying."

"If you think I'm lying, then why didn't Alex call you to wish?"

Serah stays quiet while Harry and I laugh quietly. I can practically see her frowning. "This is my first birthday with him. He will know!" Serah seems really optimistic about the whole thing. Good thing Alex was actually planning something.

I glance up at Harry. We want Serah to believe that Alex doesn't know her birthday is today. Then only our plan will work out. "Serah, I know you have to spend your birthday with him. It's not like Alex will forget your birthday, but Harry was stupid enough to tell Alex that your birthday is tomorrow instead of today." I try to sound as convincing as I can. Hearing her huff made it seem like it was somewhat believable.

"Um," Serah utters. Harry and I fist bump each other, celebrating quietly.

"Serah, don't worry. Come out of your house. Noah and I are outside of your house in my car," Harry said. Serah peeps out of her bedroom window.

"We will celebrate as we used to Serah," I say, trying to cheer her up.

"Okay. Give me five minutes," she hangs up and moves away from her window.

Harry turns up the music, nodding his head to the beat. "So our plan is successful!" He exclaims.

I turn to him, "But she may have little doubts though."

Serah comes out in five minutes, dressed in her tomboy clothes. Black jeans and a white T-shirt with a jean jacket over it. Harry unlocks the door, letting her slide into the back seat. "Hey, guys."

"Once again, Happy birthday, Serah," Harry grins cheekily.

Serah smiles, "Once again, thanks, dude."

"So is it ust the three of us?"

"Yup," I respond, popping the p.

She looks at us curiously, "Not even Jana?"

Harry shakes his head as he starts driving. "Is it because you are staying away from-" "I just wanted the trio," I cut her off.

She stops talking, staring at me in disbelief. I probably shouldn't have cut her off like that, but this is the plan. "Fine," she mumbles, leaning back into the seat with her arms crossed. I know she won't ask a further question about Jana since she thinks that makes me uncomfortable.