Chapter49:DAY-358

28/05/19

FRIDAY

JANA

I ring the doorbell of Jenny's hotel room and wait for her. Why does she ask me to come here? Does she want to talk about the night at the amusement park? I'm sure Noah has filled in. I ring the bell once again, impatiently. After a minute the door was opened by Jenny.

"Hey, Jana," she greets.

"Hello, Jenny," I said with a smile. The hug is missing... She fully opens the door and lets me in. I walk into the hall and stop mid-way when I noticed two bags. I immediately turn to her, "Are you leaving?" I quickly ask. Say no, please!

She slowly nods, "Yeah." No!

"Why? What's the hurry? Is everything okay?" I bombarded her with questions.

"The tickets were already booked," she replies in a low voice.

"But you can change it," I say with a shrug.

"I came here for Noah and now..." she trails off. She couldn't be with him...

"Are you sure you want to go?" I ask to confirm. She nods, looking down at her feet. I just don't want her to leave so soon... I have to persuade her to stay back. "But you haven't finished your together let's list." I know that's a stupid reason to make her stay but what if she falls for it...

She gives me a weak smile, "There is no point in that anymore."

"But..." Is there any way I can make her stay? "When are you leaving?"

"I'm leaving today."

"Today?" My eyes widen as I ask. "Can't you stay longer?" I request.

"Sooner or later I have to leave, Jana." I nod understandingly. But I don't want her to leave yet... "There is something I want you to do," she pauses. I nod to continue. "I want you to tell Noah."

"What?" I yell. "Doesn't he know?" I ask. She shakes her head. "You can't leave without telling him," I shake my head.

"I don't think I can say goodbye to him."

"Jenny, please," I plead. "At least let him know." She shouldn't do this to him...

"I can't. It's better to leave like this."

She made her decision already... I hope it's for the best. "We will miss you," I go for a hug and rub her back soothingly.

"I will miss you all," her voice shivers. We soon pull apart. "I have something for you," she says and leaves the room.

I settle on the couch, trying to process all the information in my head. She shouldn't leave like this... but, maybe it's so difficult for her to say goodbye to Noah. I guess she's doing the right thing.

She comes and sits next to me. "I want you to read it," she hands me a book.

This book... I have seen it. It's the book I gave Noah! I read the title... Make everyday memorable.

"This is Noah's," I say loudly.

"I know," she nods. "I want you to read it."

"No," I disagree. "You shouldn't read someone's diary, it's personal."

"It's all about you, anyways." She glances at the book for a second and then faces me. "To be exact, it's everything he didn't say to you... his feelings," she says, trying to sound convincing.