Chapter 25

" Oh, God! " Warren exclaimed in worry and saw the blonde half-Kree woman moaning in tremendous labor pain. " Alright, we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible! "

" Well, I can go and get a taxi for the both of you, " Pierre replied and immediately phased from the wall.

" Hurry!! " Carol loudly shrieked and grabbed her husband's sleeves.

" Take deep breaths, Pierre is going to get a taxi for you, " Warren said to Carol.

Carol deeply inhaled and exhaled while still holding her spouse's sleeves. Methu-Selah looked more tense and concerned than ever, which seemed to be worried if his wife would give birth in the apartment. Everyone was intrigued and curious what was happening.

" Thanks...Warren..." she answered and kept breathing.

The mutant nodded at her, appreciating her thanks before sitting on the floor.

" This was a long day, " Warren commented and turned his head towards Methu-Selah, smiling. " The good news is you're going to be a father. "

" Right, " the Kree Eternal smiled back and answered. " In a matter of minutes, our boy will be born. "

" The taxi's here! " Lila said and saw the vehicle coming. Pierre arrived with the taxi and quickly phased back to the wall.

" Oh, thank God, Pierre is back, " Warren sighed in relief and turned to Methu-Selah, Carol, and Pierre.

" Monsieur, Madame, you can get in! " he cried. " Hurry! "

" Merci beaucoup, Pierre, " the Kree Eternal smiled.

" Dieren, " Pierre nodded and turned to Warren. " Are you coming to help them? "

" Yes, Pierre, " he nodded back and assisted the couple leaving the premises to the taxi for them to be rushed to the hospital.

The three entered into the public vehicle as the driver headed on the way. Still heavily panting, Carol recalled the day several years ago as Ms. Marvel when she was giving birth to her firstborn child before Amnon. In those days, she realized that Marcus was a product of her terrible mistake. This time, she loved her husband and upcoming child which she was ready to give birth within a span of minutes. Her spouse tightly held her left hand and placed his right arm at her back. On their way to the hospital, Carol was still heavily breathing and holding her abdomen with her right hand. She was shrieking in excruciating pain and holding her husband's left hand.

" This is too much!! " she loudly yelled and panted. " This is worse than fighting the Skrulls!! "

" We're almost there, Starling, " her husband reminded and turned to the window when the taxi was approaching the hospital. " Just hang in there."

" Take more deep breaths, Carol, " Warren said, trying to reassure her. " Everything's going to be all right. "

The driver parked the car to the doorway where the emergency room was found. He instantly left his seat and opened the door for them. The nurses immediately came with a stretcher and assisted the pregnant half-Kree woman. Carol quickly took her breaths and loudly moaned in pain. Methu-Selah spoke in French to the medical staff and asked them to take care of his wife. Warren sighed in relief as they arrived at the emergency room. He saw the nurses and the doctor came to assist Carol. He proceeded to the taxi driver and paid him.

The two men followed her to the operating room as they remained outside and waited for her to give birth. Several minutes later, they heard a newborn child crying in the room. Methu-Selah secretly sensed his wife had given birth to his son and smiled. Finally, after nine months, his first-born child which he predicted had come true.