Chapter 46

(Commissariat de Police du 6e arrondissement, Rue Bonaparte, Paris: 9:00 PM)

Within the four cornered grey walls of the interrogation room, the Montmartres peacefully sat together and confronted a middle-aged balding Caucasian police officer who took the surveillance images from two days ago with the help of a private investigator named Gladius Fernal. He gave them a very stern look and presented the photos from the Mètro and the residential side of Champs Élysées. They all showed an image of the female metallic LMD stalking at Carol Danvers-Montmartre.

" Est-ce celui dont vous parliez, madame Montmartre? (Is this the one you were referring to, Mrs. Montmartre?) " the officer asked.

" Oui, monsieur. C'est une machine humanoïde qui m'a attaqué, moi et mon mari, il y a deux jours. ( Yes, sir. It's a humanoid machine which attacked me and my husband two days ago.) " Carol truthfully answered.

" Vous avez tous les deux affirmé que cela provenait d'une organisation obscure appelée HYDRA. ( Both of you have claimed it's from an obscure organization called HYDRA. ) "

" Officier, ma femme est traquée avec ce mystérieux groupe ignoble depuis des décennies. Nous en avons parlé à votre personnel il y a deux jours. Pourtant, vous ne nous avez pas cru. (Officer, my wife has been tracked with that mysterious vile group for decades. We mentioned that to your staff two days ago. Yet, you didn't believe us.) " the Kree Eternal replied and raised his right hand in his interjection. " C'est pourquoi j'ai demandé de l'aide car elle ne peut plus agir seule. (That's why I asked for help since she can no longer act on her own.)"

The police officer understood the male spouse's response and cocked his eyebrows. He intently looked at blonde half-Kree and gave her an insulting grin and a hardy laugh. Carol bowed her head in shame and felt humiliated when Meir or Methu-Selah gently placed his left arm on her back, letting his wife's head put on his shoulder.

" Monsieur, pourquoi vous moquez-vous de ma femme? Êtes-vous censé nous interroger et nous aider ici?! (Sir, why are you laughing at my wife? Are you supposed to interrogate and help us here?!) " the ancient Kree heatedly asked, becoming insulted.

" Écoutez, je savais déjà que Captain Marvel avait fait tant de choses controversées depuis les États-Unis et la Russie. De l'abscène soudaine de Tony Stark à Attack in St. Petersburg. Vous avez épousé un ancien Avenger, M. Montmartre. Pourquoi s'embêter à nous demander de l'aide, alors ?! (Look, I already knew Captain Marvel had done so many controversial things from the United States and Russia. From the sudden absence of Tony Stark to Attack in St. Petersburg. You married a former Avenger, Mr. Montmartre. Why bother asking us for help, then?!) " the officer responded. " Elle est capable de se battre! (She's capable to fight!) "

Carol looked at her husband and sensed his flushing anger. She knew that the interrogator's words could be very insulting for the both of them and asked, " Meir, puis-je lui répondre? (Meir, can I answer him?) "

Methu-Selah turned to his wife when he nodded no furiously and sighed. The Kree-hybrid woman took a deep breath to calm herself which she learned from her husband and then her former psychiatrist, Dr. Jake Anton. She was composing her thoughts for her response. The balding French policeman crossed his arms and waited for them to answer.

" Monsieur, saviez-vous que j'étais un ancien sujet de notice rouge d'Interpol il y a environ huit ou neuf ans? (Sir, did you know I was a former Interpol Red Notice subject around eight to nine years ago?) " Carol answered.