Chapter 47

(Few Weeks Later: The American School of Paris, Saint Cloud, Paris: 3:00 PM)

The loud school bell ring had called everyone to dismiss their classes for today. The rest of the young people left their four cornered classrooms and headed to their lockers on the hallway. Some were running and flocking to have a chat with their fellow schoolmates and friends. For Amnon, he felt claustrophobic and uncomfortable ending up in a sea of crowd. The young Kree Eternal hybrid boy struggled himself going to his locker.

Just then, a young girl with wavy raven locks accidentally bumped him and fell her belongings. Amnon turned around and helped her in picking up the things.

" My, I'm really sorry... I didn't mean to..." she embarrassingly spoke and paused.

" No, no. That's fine..." Amnon smiled and replied. " First day of school is sucks like this one..."

" Oh, thank you. I understand..."

" My parents always tell me to watch your things when you're drowning on a sea of crowd, " he joked. " You'll never know what's gonna happen. "

The girl softly chuckled at him when the blond boy dubiously cocked his eyebrows and tilted his head.

" Hey, what's wrong? " he asked.

" Nothing! " she ceased laughing.  " I didn't know you're too funny. "

" Cheese, everyone says my jokes are too lame. "

" Well, that's what you think! "

" Right..."

" Oh, by the way. I'm Skoúro Valour from Class 3-C. You must be? " she introduced herself and asked.

" The name's Amnon...Amnon Montmartre from Class 3-B, " he replied and offered Skoúro a friendly handshake as she responded with the same gesture. " Wait, you're a Third Grader, too? "

" Yeah. " Skoúro smiled and nodded.

" I guess we're the same flock of sheep, but on a different cage in the same farm. "

Skoúro laughed at her schoolmate's comment. Amnon raised his eyebrows and queried, " What's so funny?! "

" You! " she happily exclaimed. " I should be better be going. It's nice to meet and talk to you. "

" Yeah, see ya around, " the hybrid boy greeted and waved at her.

Amnon sighed in relief and found a space going to the locker area. He took out his keys from his crimson sports backpack and placed his books and notes without homeworks. What remained on his backpack was a social studies, math, and science books and a device where he could digitally take down his notes. He was ready to head off to the school campus and looking forward to return home.

Amnon reached outside the school campus and walked around the streets going to the Saint Cloud Métro station. The crowd was not that jump packed like in his school. He looked at his watch, showing 3:45 pm.

Just then, he noticed a man in his late thirties with an olive complexion. He had a very long dreadlocks and wearing a colorful tye-dye shirt and a pair of denims and flip-flops. He was playing a guitar and singing in reggae. Amnon liked to hear reggae music and curiously eyed at the street performer. A few crowd turned their attention to his music and reminded him of the late Bob Marley.

" Hmmm, this dude looks interesting..." the young Kree Eternal hybrid thought. " I wish I brought my guitar and play with him. "

The musician noticed the young boy's enthusiastic look and paused.