Chapter 41

(PARIS, FRANCE: 8:00 PM)

Returning from the airport after some unfavorable experiences from their US trip, the Montmartre family headed home to the apartment as Warren along with Tier and Ethan welcomed and assisted them. Amnon got surprised and received post birthday gifts from his family friends. They were superhero and anime action figures, educational and comic books, and a new soccer ball for him to practice. He thanked them which he was very happy to receive and use them. His parents asked him to bring his new things to his room one by one before taking supper. The Kree Eternal hybrid boy was excited to read and play with them which he wanted to spend late at night.

After eating supper, the blonde boy spent playing on his bed which he was too enthusiastic to do. This would help him forget his undesirable experiences in America. Amnon held an Iron Man action figure and made it fly. He was making noises and pretending that the Avenger action figure defeated some imaginary alien invaders. Then, he took out Thor, Captain America, and the other fighters to join Iron Man's attacks. Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door and turned his attention to it.

" Oh, man! I'm coming," the boy exasperately sighed and quickly kept his new toys into his box and at the top of the shelf. Still hearing the door's loud repetitive knocking, Amnon slowly moved the door knob and opened it. His parents were standing at the doorway and entering his room.

" Son, we know you wanted to have more time to play. Your mother and I need to check on you before you sleep, " Methu-Selah reminded.

" Are you gonna read me a bedtime story? " Amnon curiously asked.

" Of course, not, " Carol chuckled and kissed her son's forehead. " Your Dad and I need to talk a very important thing. "

Amnon gave them an oblivious look which he couldn't understand what they would say. He sat down on his bed along with them. Carol and her husband gently rubbed their son's back. The boy curiously anticipated for them to speak up. The blonde half-Kree woman glanced at her spouse, giving him his turn to initiate.

" Mom, Dad? " he broke his silence. " Are you gonna say something? "

" Amnon, remember your mother and I rescued you from your kidnappers before? " the Kree Eternal asked.

" Yeah, I can still remember, " Amnon nodded. " How come you and mom have superpowers then you changed your skin to blue and have a long silver hair? "

" Son, I'm from a very distant planet along with your grandmother. I have lived in this universe for almost 2,000 years and travelled everywhere. Going to a normal spaceship from here, it will take several trillion years to travel into my homeworld. "

" You mean aliens are real? "

" Yes, Kid, " his mother calmly answered. " My mom, your late grandma, was one of them. She lived here on Earth as I grew up with her. Then, I met your late older cousin back in America many years ago at an US Air Force base. "

" That means you met Dad, too? "

" Yes. He lived on Earth for several years and worked as a college professor. I met your father as a part time SWORD Agent, " she continued.

" So, you guys are superheroes like the Avengers or X-Men? "

" We were, " his parents spoke in unison.

Amnon was flabbergasted to hear of his parents' revelation as he couldn't believe it. He said nothing and tried to comprehend before speaking up. Methu-Selah looked at his son with concern and turned to his wife. Carol sighed and nodded. They had no choice, but to tell their son the truth.