Chapter 28

The new parents and the mutant curiously looked at the neonate wrapped in a blue blanket when he was cooing at them. Dr. Hank McCoy thought of checking the little boy's health condition and turned to his parents.

" I suggest to have a newborn screening on this child, " the blue skinned mutant informed. " He seemed to be in a normal condition, but we are unaware of any congenital condition or some anomalies. "

Carol and her husband shared glances as they heard the former mutant scientist. Then, they turned to their newborn son who was still cooing and staring at his parents.

" What do you think? " the blonde Kree hybrid gave her spouse a suggesting look.

" Let's do this for Amnon, " the Kree Eternal determinedly spoke. " Well, we have to find out if he's perfectly healthy or not. "

" Good decision, then, " Hank nodded in agreement and replied. " With a simple blood test, the physician can check for rare genetic, hormone-related, and metabolic conditions that can cause serious health problems. Newborn screening lets them diagnose your child quickly and start treatment as soon as possible. "

" So, how long is this gonna take? " Carol asked and carried her son in her arms.

" It will take 24 hours or 1 to 2 days before leaving the hospital. So, if Little Amnon is perfectly healthy, then I might say he could join with you on your way home. "

" If not? "

" Well, it depends on how the attending pediatricians will consult for the best treatment and care which he will receive, " Hank replied and smiled back at the little boy who was still cooing and smiling. " Carol, Meir, I have a question though. "

" Yes? " the spouses answered in unison.

" Did Little Amnon have any abnormalities before he was born? Were there any instances that you experienced any exposures of harmful substances, accidents, or physical trauma? "

Carol remained silent and nervously gulped when she heard her friend's challenging question. Somehow, she remembered Dr. Anton was supposed to perscribe her some anti-Depressants which she never made any intake. The most critical thing in her nine-month gestation life was she became involved in some criminal activities back in the Rikers. Every time she caught and brutally punished any detractors, the pregnant half-Kree was feeling any tremendous discomfort and experiencing stress.

This time, Hank waited for her response and noticed her long silence when Amnon was still clinging to his mother. He cooed and called her attention as Carol instantly snapped out and turned to the two men infront of her. Methu-Selah understood what she was thinking and gently held his wife's left hand.

" I just did a terrible mistake, " she humbly admitted and heavily sighed. " While I was pregnant to Amnon, I had done such stressful ans things which I thought I could redeem myself from what I have done, but it's not helping me at all. "

" Was it after the St. Petersburg incident? " Hank queried.

" Yes. I joined the Rikers and started to hunt any people who are involved with HYDRA and the Black Tusk. I killed all the people back in New York."

" Goodness, " the hairy blue skinned mutant facepalmed to his dismay and turned to the Kree Eternal. " Meir, was this true? "

" Yes, I was really disappointed for wrong decision and action, " Methu-Selah seriously answered and looked at Carol and Amnon with a concern. " My wife had already known she was carrying our child inside the womb, but she was too stubborn in listening to me. She spent two months working with them as I was worried for their condition. Until that day, it was a HYDRA Agent who almost targeted at her, but I was able to spare her and the unborn child. "