Chapter 8

(Two Days Later: Kree-Lar City, Planet Hala, Pama System, Large Magellanic Cloud)

The otherworldly view of the window greeted the new spouses as they had awaken from sleep. The Kree Eternal instantly sat-up on the bed, seeing his wife in her deep and peaceful slumber. Methu-Selah gently touched her hair and kissed her forehead, carefully not waking her up.

" She must have been tired from the trip, " he thought. " Better not disturb her. "

The blue-skinned man stood-up from bed and took a shower from the bathroom. He was still thinking of the incident that transpired back in Russia on planet Earth as he tremendously saw what his wife did in the entire time. For a man like him, he was too patient and empathetic that he never easily gave up his other half despite of her monstrous act. Yet, Methu-Selah was still keeping the vow for Carol, for better or for worse. It was very concept which he had to follow.

Finishing his cleansing, he took a towel, dried himself, and dressed up. He looked at the mirror when he started to comb his long silvery locks.

" I could have cut my hair. It's been 1,900 Earth-years which I never had one. Well, never mind, my pink-Kree form has short hair, " he smiled and headed to his next thing to do.

Walking around the room, he heard and noticed his wife wailing and crying over her sleep. Methu-Selah sadly sighed and instantly went to the bed. Carol was having nightmares which he never expected to hear one. Her husband kept shaking her body and slapping her shoulders.

" Carol! Carol! " he called. " Wake up! Carol, Wake up! "

The blonde half-Kree woman heard her husband's voice and instantly opened her eyes. She felt tears coming and slowly sitting up. Carol hugged her man and wept over him. Methu-Selah sensed that extreme sadness and grief coming from her as he hugged back.

" Carol, it's all right, " he assured. " I'm here. It's okay to cry. "

" It's all my fault, Methie! I made a terrible disaster! " she wailed. " You married a monster! "

" Carol...Don't say that! Please stop this, you're putting yourself down. "

" What if I hurt you and our son?! What If I do something bad in our family?! Will you despise me for everything I have done?! Tell me?! "

The Kree Eternal remained silent while hugging his wife and wiping her tears. He understood of that greatest frustration coming from her. From a feisty space heroine into a woman with extreme darkness, Carol intently looked at her spouse and felt the comfort on his arms. She couldn't say anything which the skeletons from the past until the present has been haunting her.

" Carol, I will always love you despite of that darkness you have, " Methu-Selah seriously answered and touched her face. " I married you as my wife no more, no less. Even I have such troubles from you, I will never leave you. "

" I..."

" It doesn't matter if you're experiencing anything from the past. The most important is we have each other. I won't break our vows together. "

The blonde half-Kree woman tightly embraced her faithful other half as she never realized how loving he was. Somehow, she felt such love coming from him. The Kree Eternal gently touched her fine golden curly locks and kissed her cheeks while he heard her stomach was loudly grumbling. Carol felt embarrassed at her spouse and blushed harder.

" Methie, it's just..." she paused.

" You're just hungry, Mrs. Montmartre, " he smiled and took her hands. " Come on, let's get something to eat. We have some places to go. "

" Yeah...right, " she slightly smiled and kissed her man's cheeks. " Thanks for reminding me. "

" Sure, no problem. "

Moments later, the spouses headed their way to the train system after leaving from the inn. Carol was staring at the futuristic type of structures from the window and turned her attention to the hovering vehicles. She noticed her husband held her right hand and smiled at him.
His warm and comforting presence had forgotten her internal conflicts. The blonde half-Kree woman was safe and confident which her lifetime partner had assured.

Going towards the outskirts of Kree-Lar City, they were heading to a provincial part of the planet. It was more peaceful than the crowded and advanced environment.
The odd-looking trees were seen from the locomotive's window and the large fields. For her, it reminded of going out of town which she had visited her mother and younger brother in a town near Boston, Massachusetts. Methu-Selah sensed of his wife's reminiscing moments which he wanted to hear from her.

" Carol, you seemed thinking too deeply, " he said.

" Yeah..." she nodded and smiled. " You know, hon. This gives me a clear picture when I visited my mom and Joe, Jr. before. "

" Oh, that. Do tell? "

" I just needed to get a break from the Avengers before which I decided to return to my childhood hometown. I got a time to check on them and visited my father's grave. "

" Some, unresolved daddy issues? "

"
Yeah. It's very tough that I couldn't get over with my Dad in my entire lifetime. Then, afterwards, my Jay-jay got himself in a car accident and a coma for nine months. "

" I have understood that your long absence made your other friends worried about you. "

" Right, " she nodded and recalled. " You know how it feels that you have a widowed mom and an injured brother to take care of in those months. I was in and out of the hospital checking if he's back in shape and then he pulled through. But one thing I got surprised to discover, my mom happened to be an undercover Kree Navy Captain. "

" Captain Mari-Ell. Yes, Starling. I have heard about her. "

" You mean you met my mom? "

" Just once, before I got here on Earth. I saw how she was dedicated in her activities and training in the Navy. She was a very courageous woman like you. "

" Yeah, she just gave up her mission for me, " Carol sadly sighed. " How I wish she was here with me. "

" If she were living, she could understood how you have been. I understood your mother did everything to raise you as a normal human being not only as a part-Kree person. "

" The problem is I'm becoming more like my father. I couldn't control my temper. Methie, it's just..."

" Carol, I'm not like your father. I won't repeat those same mistakes which he had done to you and your mother, " Methu-Selah seriously spoke and intently looked at her. " If there is anything that you don't like about me. You can tell me and I can change it, same thing as yours. I'm not an abusive and controlling man. We can help each other out, even everyone has forsaken you. "

" Methie, I don't know what to say.... "

" Carol, I'll never leave you. "

The half-Kree woman tightly hugged her husband as she understood what he meant. She felt the warmth and care from him. Methu-Selah expressed his true love to her as Carol did the same to him.

Moments later, they arrived at the seafront town few minutes away from the city. The two had spent their time bathing, swimming, and picnicking at the beach. The calm ocean waves was colder than the oceans on Earth. Methu-Selah and Carol made their honeymoon memorable as they saw the Pama was setting on the sky.

They both sat on the sand and talked about other things. The Kree Eternal told stories of his boyhood in Hala more than 1,900 years ago. Carol became more interested to hear of her husband's memories before meeting on Earth. It had something to do with the first battles of the Kree-Skrull war which Methu-Selah had served the army. She began asking a lot of questions as he answered everything while eating their dinner.

Returning at the tourist inn in Kree-Lar City, the husband carried his tired wife to bed. They spent the rest of the day strolling and going to the nearby seaside town. Carol enjoyed his company as she went fast asleep. He slept beside her and kissed his wife.

" Sweet dreams, my Starling, " he whispered to her ear. " I hope you had a wonderful day. "

He put his arms around his wife's body as he got asleep. Carol slowly opened her eyes and turned to him as she touched his blue face. It was true love which they have both experienced. She loved her husband so much as he did the same thing for her, however the bitter memories and experiences had been haunting her. The blonde woman's mind was full of horror and despair from five years ago until the day she ruined St. Petersburg.

" I still love you, Methie, " she sadly thought. " But my shattered mind is forcing me to kill myself. It's getting the worst. I'm so sorry. I don't want to hurt you. "

She slowly stood-up from the bed and leaving her husband. Carol went to the bathroom, saw some poisonous liquids under the sink, and took one.

" I'm sorry, Methie..." she looked at her sleeping husband from a distance. " I'll always love you. "

She opened a bottle and supposed to drink, but she got surprised to see her spouse tightly grabbing her hands. Carol never expected this to happen which she was about to commit suicide.

" CAROL, STOP THIS! " he yelled and shook her shoulders. " ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?! "

" Methie......." she watered her eyes as her husband sensed suffering from her mind. " My mind.....asks me to
...."

"....Kill yourself?! "

" I love you, but what if I hurt you and our son in the future?! I couldn't take myself in doing that! It's all my fault! It's all my fault! "

Methu-Selah carefully dropped the bottle and tightly hugged his wife. Carol wept on his chest as she sensed his unwavering love. Loneliness and despair were both present on the half-Kree woman's mind. The Kree Eternal had prevented her to commit suicide and expressed his love.

" Carol, I won't abandon you, " he assured and gently touched her hair. " I understood why you're having this conflict, but ending your life from your problems can't solve anything. We can do this. "

The husband and wife in their honeymoon's second night wasn't just for their enjoyment or celebration of their marriage, but a life-changing experience in helping to overcome one's sadness.

(The Next Evening)

The spouses flew above Hala's atmosphere where they were heading. Methu-Selah thought of making his wife happy in seeing the numerous stars in space. Carol turned around as she was pleased to see them.

" There you go, Mrs. Montmartre, " the Kree Eternal smiled and held his wife's hands. " You missed this kind of activity as I brought you here above planet Hala's skies. "

" Thank you, Methie. This is the best honeymoon ever, " she replied and kept holding her husband's hands. " I wish we could never go home to Earth. "

" What do you mean? "

" Like... I wish we're doing this everyday. "

" We can, but you need to face your problems back home. I know it's not that easy for you, but I'm here to support you from everything. Just don't end your life. "

" Methie.... thank you! " she hugged her husband and wept for joy.

" You're always welcome, my Starling. "