BOOK III: Chapter 33

(Paris, France: 6:00 PM)

Carol Danvers-Montmartre busily attended her three month old son for the whole day as her husband was out to work. Focusing on Little Amnon's needs, she asked a fellow mutant Rahne Sinclair in helping her out to do the household chores. Ethan and Tier were volunteering to cook lunch and prepare snacks for their mother and closest friend who was a three month-old mother. Carol was also pleased to see the two boys helping her out.

It was already evening when the half-Kree lady spent checking for her son's milk. Rahne played and tickled the little blonde boy, making him smile and laugh. Carol looked at her son and friend as she felt pleased and kept listening at them, preparing dinner at the kitchen.

" Who's that adorable and handsome lad? " the ginger-haired lady sweetly asked and gently poked the boy's abdomen when Little Amnon kept laughing and smiling at her. " It's you, of course! You really look like your mummy and daddy! "

Little Amnon happily cooed at his mutant aunt who seemed to be responding at her. Rahne carried the boy from the crib and heard his tiny growling stomach. The little boy was about to moan when they all heard a knock from the door.

" Carol, I think your husband is here, " she reminded.

" Thanks, Rahne. I'll get it, " Carol nodded, instantly rushed to the door, and opened it.

Meir or Methu-Selah stood on the doorway and carried some bags of groceries, kissing his wife. Rahne and Amnon watched them. The little boy was cooing and calling his parents' attention.

" I'm home, my Starling, " the Kree Eternal sweetly whispered his wife's ears.

" Well, how's work at the restaurant? " the blonde Kree-hybrid lady smiled and asked.

" As usual, both tiring and fulfilling, " he answered and looked at the other two. " I'm glad Rahne was able to help you while I was away. "

" She and her sons made lunch for us as we ate together. "

" That's good. At least, I have to repay them later on. "

Rahne turned to the couple, brought the little boy to them, and said, " Amnon is waiting and calling you both. He's hungry. "

" Oh, right, " Methu-Selah instantly carried his son and sat down on the leather couch, comfortably leaning his back for his relaxation. Little Amnon turned to his father and cooed at him. The Kree Eternal gently kissed the three month old lad's forehead and said, " Daddy's here now, Amnon. Your mommy is getting your bottle of milk. "

Carol took out a bottle from the refrigerator and gave it to her husband. Methu-Selah carefully placed the rubber tip into his son's mouth when Amnon began sucking and ingesting a sweet white liquid from the bottle.

" There, you go, " she said. " He's really hungry. "

" Indeed, he is, " her husband replied and kept feeding the baby.

" You guys are all settled. I guess I need to go now, " Rahne called and greeted.

" Oh, wait, " Carol paused and took her purse, giving her friend some cash.

" Carol, you don't have to..." Rahne wryly grinned. " I'm happy to do it for..."

" Rahne, you have been very helpful to us. Please take it as a gift. "

Rahne smiled and accepted as she was pleased for the couple's generosity. She looked at them and sighed, when she politely replied, " How very thoughtful of you, I would like to thank you. "

" You're welcome. "

" I shall see you again. If you need our help, we're just one knock a way. "