Chapter 39

(SIX YEARS AGO: PARIS, FRANCE, 3:00 PM)

Busily working with the other children at the day care center, Carol Danvers-Montmartre was reading a book along with a group of children ages three to five years old. They were listening attentively, except for her two year old son who was playing an airplane figure and making loud sounds. Amnon never paid attention to his mother which he couldn't understand what she was reading and telling to the other children.  He was running around and leaving the room without his mother's attention as she was busy.

Amnon kept running around the hallway and holding his toy airplane. Without any awareness, he was going on the wet floor when his feet stepped on it. The little boy accidentally slipped and fell down. Then, he loudly cried in pain. The day care lady staff noticed him and rushed to the playroom where Carol remained. She quickly knocked on the door when the blonde half Kree day care teacher turned her attention to her fellow staff.

" Madame Montmartre, votre fils vient de glisser sur le sol mouillé. (Mrs. Montmartre, your son has just slipped on the wet floor. ) " she said.

Without using her seventh sense and Kree Cosmic Awareness, Carol busied herself in dealing with the other children. Then, she noticed her son was not around.

" Qu'est-ce qu'Amnon était ici il y a quelque temps? Ne me dites pas qu'il est sorti de la pièce en courant?! (What, was Amnon here a while ago? Don't tell me he has ran out of the room?!) " she anxiously replied.

" Veuillez le vérifier et l'emmener avec vous. Je vais m'occuper des autres enfants ici. (Please check it out and take him with you. I'll deal with the other kids here.) "

Carol nodded no furiously, looked at the other children and said, " Je reviens tout de suite, les enfants. Mme Verrier continuera à lire l'histoire. (I'll be right back, Kids. Mrs. Verrier will continue reading the story.) "

Oui, Mme Montmartre. (Yes, Mrs. Montmartre.) " they said in unison.

The blonde half-Kree woman rushed out of the playroom which her fellow daycare staff Mrs. Verrier temporarily took over the story telling activity. She heard her son's wailing and widened her eyes in surpise. The toddler was still lying on the wet floor as his toy airplane was just beside him.

" What on Hala?! Why I couldn't bring him near to me?! " she anxiously thought and looked at her son with a concern.

Carol carefully lifted her son from the wetfloor, picked up the toy airplane, and handed it to him. The boy's tears ran down onto his face. She gently placed her right hand into his back when Amnon stopped crying and curiously looked at his mother. She mildly rubbed the blonde toddler's face and hugged him.

" It's alright, Amnon. I'm here, " she calmly said and sincerely smiled. " I'm here. "