Chapter 36

(HYDRA FACILITY, LOWER MANHATTAN, 8:30 PM)

Aaron Keener took a glimpse at the holographic television news while he was talking to someone over the phone. Upon seeing the Smithsonian Museum Crisis, he was frowning when some of his men got arrested by the police since yesterday. The HYDRA Agent was not pleased at the incident as he turned off the device.

" My men could not comprehend my instructions, Pagan, " Keener continued. " It seems that I need more effective people to be recruited in our organization. They failed in taking down Montmartre and her family. I know you have someone in mind to handle her aside from that stupid Crocodile Crawford. "

" Do what you must, Keener, " his fellow HYDRA Agent replied. " Barry is off in making his killing spree in London, expect people to come in this facility, tonight. "

" Well , who could that be? When are they coming? "

" In about thirty minutes, but you have to deal with your agents first. "

Keener frowned and heavily sighed, " Fine... I'd better confront them. I'll talk to you later. Pagan, Hail Hydra. "

" Hail Hydra. "

The call with Pagan Min had ended when Keener kept his phone and instantly left his room. He deeply thought of those people being mentioned while walking in the hallway. The HYDRA scientists and staff roamed around the place. Then, he saw some of his men gathered inside the interrogation room. Keener knocked on the door when someone opened up.

" Keener, we have just... " a young dark haired woman stood up from his seat along with her teammates.

" Failed, I understand, Raptor, " Keener calmly spoke and crossed his both arms. " You have done enough in HYDRA for almost a decade. Crawford and the others were successful in their missions, but you never eliminated our main target. "

" But, sir. This guy Walker just showed up and some of us tried to stop them, " another bespectacled African-American man raised his right hand in interjected. " We're almost there to shoot Captain Marvel's head. Sir, we're gonna do our best next time! We promise! "

" I guess I won't be needing your services. I am expecting someone who's better than all of you, but unfortunately you have never succeeded. "

The rest of the HYDRA Agents were exchanging glances and murmuring. They couldn't understand what was happening. One of them had realized that they were being betrayed. A tall gruff man took out his pistol and prepared to shoot Keener. The others looked at their associate and became intrigued.

" Keener, you betrayed all of us! " the gruff man named, Hornet angrily exclaimed. " You son of a b!+$#! "

Keener ignored his fellow HYDRA Agent's nasty remark, intently grinned, and left the interrogation area, locking the door. The other HYDRA Agents were angrily echoing and banging the door. Keener saw a button on the wall which could activate and release the poisonous gas from the vents. He mercilessly watched the others coughing and yelping for help. They had all ended up in the clutches of Lady Death in a matter of seconds to minutes.

(TWO WEEKS AGO: Paris, France, 3:30 PM)

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, Amnon finished watching his favourite Japanese sci-fi action anime dubbed in French on the holographic TV and thought of switching the channels using his remote control. Then, he stopped the channel on a commercial with a sad looking cat as a black haired man in space battle armor walked onto the screen accompanied by sad music.

" Les Flerkens vont disparaître dans le coin est de la Voie lactée. Beaucoup de leurs habitats naturels sont en danger en raison de guerres intergalactiques s'étalant sur des centaines d'années. Si nous ne faisons pas quelque chose, ils pourraient ne jamais s'en remettre. (Flerkens are going to be extinct in the east corner of the Milky Way Galaxy. Many of their natural habitats are in danger due to intergalactic wars spanning hundreds of years. If we don't do something they may never recover.) " he calmly said as a series of number in extraterrestrial text appeared on the holographic flash. " Appelez ce numéro sur votre service de communication intergalactique et faites un don en utilisant vos cartes Mongran dès aujourd'hui. Nous pouvons empêcher cette créature adorable et aimante de disparaître aujourd'hui en finançant le Mythos War Council. Aidez-nous à casser les Skrulls pour la paix. Je suis Dark Tech et ceci a été une annonce d'intérêt public. (Call this number on your intergalactic communicator service and donate using your Mongran cards today. We can stop this adorable and loving creature from going extinct today by funding the Mythos War Council. Help us crack the Skrulls for peace. I am Dark Tech and this has been a public service announcement.)