Chapter 23

(New York City, 9:40 PM)

The streets of Manhattan were still busy despite the night skies greeted them. The crowd kept coming and going as a mutant man spent his supper in a diner. The man was looking at the TV program which the host discussed about the world does not need a Captain Marvel. He got curious of what happened to the heroine and saw her involvement along with the Rikers two months ago. Warren continued to watch the TV Program,while thinking about the certain contracts he had to do.

" Hmm, seems this world's starting to have distrust in heroes now, " he said.

" Well, yeah, " an old man with long white hair nodded and drank his coffee. " You know what happened back in Russia? Carol Montmartre made a terrible mistake almost 10 months ago. Now, everyone thinks she's a monster. That trouble against Stark five years ago, she did it. Damn, how come a former friend and colleague like her had to be like that?! "

He chuckled at the man before speaking, " Well, that sounds very screwed up. She shouldn't be called a friend, she should be called a traitor or perhaps a criminal, " Warren took a sip of his beer and grabbed his backpack. " Sometimes you don't know someone until they show their true colors."

" Well, that's pretty bad for her, " he sighed. " Just got news from my sources, she's pregnant. I'm sad for her child which he will carry his mother's mistakes in the future. "

" How can someone do all those terrible stuff when they're pregnant, another mistake she made you tell me? " Warren asked and took out a few dollars in which he placed on the table. He put his wallet away before proceeding to leave the diner.

" Better ask her, not me. I don't have the full details, " the man shrugged. " Oh... how rude of me, the name's Dr. Walter Lawson, former NASA scientist turned debunker/activist/newspaper writer/blogger. You can read all of my articles at Mr. Wastrel Writes. You're gonna find out everything which the mainstream media doesn't reveal. Like the scriptures says, the truth shall set you free."

The man nodded at Dr. Walter Lawson before proceeding to chuckle and opened the door to leave. "I'll keep that in mind Dr. Lawson, good night."

" Sure, just let me know, if something happens to Mrs. Montmartre, " Lawson grinned. " I will be glad to expose everything from her. "

Warren walked down the street, his phone started to ring and picked up afterwards to answer.

" Who's answering? I'm very busy right now, " he thought and got annoyed.

" Hello, Mr. Evans, we have just caught you talking to someone, " a female voice answered. " Well, is it a new friend or a threat? "

" Depends on what do you want and how do you know mean? Also if you tend on stopping me good luck with that, " Warren glanced back and forward to see if anyone was watching him.

" Well, the woman whom you hated with so much burning passion will die along with an unborn child in her womb, " she replied. " Even the writer will never find more truths which he will uncover. Better watch out before lives will be taken. "

" Why do you think I care about some woman who decided to go against a friend of hers and became an enemy of the world afterwards. I just do jobs, get paid, and nothing more."

" You will just see... " she laughed. " HAIL, HYDRA! "

Warren hung up on the mysterious speaker angrily and put his cell phone in his pocket and sighed, " Well, that person wasted my time. Hydra doesn't scare me anyways. Dealt with the X-Men and Shield Agents, I can handle them. "