Chapter 15

(SEVERAL HOURS LATER: MT. SINAI HOSPITAL)

Carol slowly opened her eyes when she ended up lying on the hospital bed. Her husband was sitting beside her along with her green skinned  lawyer-friend. She instantly sat up and noticed a dextrose tube attached on her left hand.

" G-Guys, what's going on? " she lowly spoke. " Wh..what happened?! "

" You passed out after Judge Ozpin declared you, not guilty, " Jennifer answered. " Your husband and I took  you here. The doctor just told us of your critical condition. You're not allowed to put too much stress to yourself. "

" I'm aware I've been pregnant for a month..." the blonde half-Kree spoke. " But how long have I been sleeping? "

" Eight hours, " Methu-Selah calmly answered and held his wife's hands. " It's 9:00 pm. "

" Wait, what?! "

" Yeah, the doctor will discharge you by tomorrow, " her green skinned friend smiled. " You and your hubby should celebrate, since you've won the case and then in eight months you will have a baby! "

Carol began to smile, touched her abdomen, looked at her husband,and held his face. The Kree Eternal gently touched his wife's face.

" Anyway, guys. I better leave you now, " she added. " I guess this pro bono case is good to go. You guys don't need to worry a lot. So, Meir please take care of your wife. "

" Thank you, Ms. Walters, " he smiled.

" Thank you so much for your help, " his wife added. " How could we repay you? " 

" Nah, that's fine! You're welcome, " She-Hulk winked and replied. " I can't wait to see that adorable baby of yours to come out to the world. See ya, guys! "

" Bye! "

Jennifer happily left the room when the husband and wife remained. In those hours, Methu-Selah recalled a talk with Tony Stark after the trial. Earlier, he visited the Kree outside his wife's room. He had a talk with him as he recalled. This time, he thought of opening up with his wife and turned to her.

" Carol..." he broke his silence. " Your friend Tony Stark discussed to me about something. "

" What is it? " she asked.

" Well, he's concerned about you. He's supposed to meet you tonight. "

" Really? "

" Yes, but please be careful out there, all right? " 

" I will, " she kissed him as her husband carefully removed her dextrose tube.

Carol took her battlesuit and flew from the window when, reaching upto the night sky. Looking around, she saw a familiar red and gold armor waiting for her.

" Tony! " she happily beamed and greeted her armored friend.

" Congratulations, Carol, " he slightly smiled and crossed his arms. " You won the case. And another thing, your hubby told me, you've been a month pregnant. Is it a boy or a girl? "