Chapter 19

(Lexington Event Center: 7:00 PM)

" I used to be a piggy, back then, " Larae said and guided the three visitors into the main hall where there were crates, weapons, and huge television screens inside. " That HYDRA s#!t made the world upside down. "

" Now, you were talking, Barrett, " Fury answered. " So, what happened aftewards? "

" A lot of hell happened, " she replied, took a knife on the table, and threw it to the tied victim's chest. " I formed a group that could take every damn life. I got arrested several times and brought to the Rikers Island. That's my new life began. "

Methu-Selah sadly sighed and lowered his head down to see such bloodshed on his end. Carol looked at her husband with a concern and listened at the former SHIELD Agent turned criminal faction leader. 

" Larae, " the blonde half-Kree broke her silence and asked. " What made you that? "

" It was you, Carol, " Barrett sternly answered. " You have given me an inspiration how to beat-up anybody. I watched you how you killed Stark five years ago. A month later, HYDRA ruled the whole damn nation. I started to kill any undercover Skull-Heads in the police and military. Thanks to you, I've decided to clean up this mess. I helped these guys to escape and made a bloodshed at the prison. "

" Larae, you have just broken out of jail! "

" For me, that's freedom to fulfill the right mission which the piggies could have done in the first place. "

" By taking anyone's lives at this time of pandemic? " her husband raised her voice and seemed to be more doubtful than ever.

" Yeah, it ain't bad..." the female faction leader evilly smirked and raised her hand in interjection.

The rest of the Rikers sternly glared at them. The Kree Eternal professor secretly read their minds while nervously fidgeting his fingers. Methu-Selah became more uncomfortable than ever which he thought this was not a good idea to join this criminal faction. Fury crossed his both arms and turned around as he saw the armored men still glaring around him.

" Then, you hired these goons to kill anyone, I take it? " the eye-patched man asked.

" Well, they do their job for me, Fury, "  she answered and saw another failed Riker who got tied up. " If they don't..."

" Larae, stop this! This is insane! " the man cried as Barrett again took another knife and stabbed him in the chest. He instantly fell down and met his demise in bloodbath.

" They'll end up dead. "

" Right, " Methu-Selah heavily sighed.

Barrett turned to Carol and said, " Carol, this is your chance to redeem yourself. You're not part of the piggies and those extraordinary sleuths, anymore. I'm gonna recruit you to be part of the Rikers. You're gonna be one of us, since you got the light-show and incredible strength. You ain't regret this. If you wanna take down Keener or anyone from the Skull-heads for good, I'm gonna let you do that for real. "

The pregnant half-Kree woman seemed to be interested and convinced as she wanted to join them. Her husband turned to her and felt worried which he instantly took her left hand. She looked at him and sighed, feeling contemplated to join or not. Since the former SHIELD Agent spoke of redeeming her, Carol had to make her decision. It took a long time for her to respond.

" So, what do you say? "

" I'm going..." the blonde half-Kree woman spoke.

Methu-Selah and Fury exchanged glances for they both heard of what the former Avenger had said. They couldn't believe for that sudden decision. The Kree Eternal became the most anxious for his wife.