Chapter 5

(SHIELD Headquarters, New York City, 6:30 PM)

" Paul, did you find something? " a blonde Inhuman woman asked as she approached her dark haired husband.

" Agent Knightfall discovered about Ulysses Cain's activity from Professor Montmartre's information, " Agent Paul Williams replied as his wife Yang Xiao Long-Williams saw the folder in the computer. " Our fellow Inhuman was the spark of that ruckus several days ago. "

" Captain Marvel must have been sticking him with a Yang! " she grinned making such light humor despite of that issue. " Now, the others are disheartened after what she has done to your friend. "

The pyrokinetic Inhuman friend sadly sighed as he saw Tony Stark's tragic failure and coma. Looking at Carol Danvers or Captain Marvel from the last video playback, he thought of despising her. His wife gently patted his shoulders.

" You missed him, didn't you? " she asked. " Agent Halsey has noticed your gloomy face these days. He is asking me why and what went wrong. "

" I've almost lost a childhood friend, Sunshine. "

" I'm sorry to hear that. "

" You know nothing bad could happen if she let the boy alone and continued her alliance with Stark and the Avengers, " he answered like releasing something out of his chest. " Danvers should have been arrested for treason she has made. She had ruined everything! "

" For treason? " Yang asked.

" Exactly, you know we could convince Hill and Fury Jr. to abolish her into the Avengers and the Ultimates program, before she makes more serious problems again. "

" So, you're seeing Carol as a problem. Do you think it's unfair as Winter and Chris had informed us about what happened to her in Washington DC last night? "

" Yeah, right, " Paul heavily sighed. " She deserves it. "

" Dear, If I were you, you should better think twice, " his wife calmly spoke. " She may be involved in the worst scenarios. Remember, she had made a kid and a mother separated after all that Superhero Registration Act? I can't say she's evil like you think of her. Maybe, she had reasons why she did those on purpose. "

Paul's face got perplexed and heard his wife's words. He looked at those files from the computer which he spent watching videos of Carol and the written reports from Ulysses. Yang had understood of her husband's search for truth about what had transpired several days ago.

" What are you implying? " he asked and scratched his forehead.

" There are two sides of the story, " Yang explained and raised her right hand in interjection when her Inhuman husband listened. " That's her thinking and acting of changing our world's future which she had believed in. You may view it as problematic and unfair. Perhaps, she regretted everything she had done before. Well for Tony, he wanted to make things justifiable and understandable for what everyone had believed in making the right choices and actions. "

" That makes sense, " Paul sternly said. " But I hope she never makes more terrible mistakes. The courtroom judge has already warned her of those offenses. That's why we're here to keep an eye on her. "

" Yep, " she smiled and nodded. " Well just need to understand further. "

Suddenly, the spouses saw a new file flashing on the screen as they clicked it. They were all pictures of Ulysses Cain's sudden death. Paul and Yang were both terrified to see their fellow Inhuman's bloodbath. They couldn't stand looking at the images. Clicking the audio recording, the female blonde Inhuman heard a man's voice. It was deeper and threatening which she found.

" Did you even think he had disappeared to nowhere? " he asked. " I found this boy which I had let him see his fate. If your former ally Captain Marvel finds out, she's my next target to face her future. HAIL HYDRA! "

The recording had ended when the spouses exchanged glances.

" So? " Yang asked.

" Danvers had died and resurrected right? " Paul shrugged. " HYDRA is after her. That means they already knew what happened in the past few days. They wanted to take her life. "

" Oh no..."

(Washington DC, 10:00 PM)

Carol returned to her hotelroom and came from the Ultimates building. The meeting with Miles Slader and time travel to the future had inspired her to change her ways. She turned to the window seeing the starry evening sky hoping for that future to come true. With her phone ringing, she turned around and found it on her bedside table. She picked it up and answered.

" Hello? " she curiously raised her voice. " Who's this? "

" Well, well, well, Captain Marvel. It's nice to hear you again, " a high-pitched male voice with a posh accent replied. " You did a good job in ditching your friends! You should be in our side, but unfortunately you might turn against us. "

" Wait, how did you know about it? "

" I've seen everything! " he loudly laughed. " You could have died last night! But I guess you have to deal with death again as I will eat your ashes very soon! My friend Barry will try harder to get you! Not even your sweetheart or your other friends will protect you. They will get killed anytime soon! "

Carol's eyes became more infuriated as her left hand was illuminating with bright yellow light. She was ready to blast anyone.

" WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?! "

" I'm just your old friend who stalks and waits for you to die once again. That's your real future....Hail Hydra! "