Chapter 2

(White House Situation Room, Washington DC, 9:00 AM)

   Colonel Carol Danvers had made her way to meet the Head of State as her companions waited for her at the lobby. She was dressed in a US Air Force uniform when someone assisted her to enter the room. 

   Entering the place, he saw a man in his early fifties or sixties. He cordially smiled after drinking his cup of coffee.

   " How are you doing, Colonel Danvers? " the President asked. 

   " I'm fine, sir, " she asked.

   " Please have a seat. "

   " No, thank you. " 

    Carol was still ashamed to explain everything she had done in the past several days. Meeting with a very important official seemed bothering to her which she had no choice, but to comply. The President had put down his mug and stood up from his seat.

   " What is it, sir? " the short-haired blonde woman asked. 

   " Do you think I can give you serious charges for what you have done. Honestly, I found your work very interesting. " 

   " Why did you say that? " 

   " Well, you handled all of this, even with the eyes of the world on you with incredible grace. " 

   " Thank you, sir. " 

   " And that profiling vision-making Inhuman? " 

   " No longer with us, I think ..." 

   The President sighed and placed his hands on his seat while placing his left hand on his pocket. He wanted to tell something as Carol waited.

   " That is too bad..." he replied. " I was really getting to used to this knowing the future before it happens stuff. "

   " A future, sir. " 

   " I'm sorry? "

   " It was a future. A possible future. One...One of many..."

   The President intently grinned and crossed his arms as he got more interested. He sat down on his seat and wanted to listen more. 

   " Am I going to explain everything to him? I made a terrible mistake, " she anxiously thought while looking at the official. 

   " Well, we're still breathing American air, " the president said. " So, I don't care about the hows and whys. And no matter what they say on the Facebook pages, most Americans don't care about the hows and the why's as long as they get to wake up on the next day. "

   " Yes, sir..."

   " So, what does it look like? What is the fallout over there in the superhero community? " 

     Carol sadly sighed and humbly bowed her head. She remembered everything she had done. It made a tremendous consequence for the rest of the heroes. That incident in the nation's capital was the most brutal and critical thing to experience. Agent Winter Schnee was indeed right, Carol would have faced more charges, but meeting with the Head of State seemed to redeem her. 

    " It's a little of everything, sir, " she calmly answered. " Some are just overwhelmed. Some find themselves having to start over. Some think they absolutely know what they need to do now. And the others might feel the exact opposite. Some are just so lost over what has taken place, doubting themselves. Some wounds will never heal. And there are some who have just become enigmas to me. I wonder if I will ever know what they are really feeling. But
I'm going to choose to focus on. I'm going to focus on the good that might have come out of this."